Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Traveling to tarnobrzeg

  • Thomas Sajwaj
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 23, 2011
      The website for Tadeusz isn't working. Any other way to contact him?

      Tom Sajwaj

      On Mar 21, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Martin Kleiner wrote:

      > I went a few years ago and it just so happens that there is a genealogist that lives in Tarnobrzeg. He found old maps and was able to locate where my grandfather lived. He translated for us and was very good. You may want to check him out, especially if you need a little more than a translator and want some research done.
      >
      > His name is Tadeusz Huber Pilat (800) 596-3230and his website is http://wwwprogenealogists.com/tpilat.htm
      >
      > ________
      >
      > Tadeusz was born in Raciborz, Silesia, Poland (previously Ratibor, Schlesien, in Germany). He currently resides in Tarnobrzeg, in eastern Poland. He pursued Library studies at the University of Maria Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland, focusing on the history of books and old documents. He specialized in "Supralibros" in Private Collections of the 16th to 18th centuries. In 1999, he was granted the degree of Master of Library and Information Science.
      >
      > In 2003, Tadeusz became an Accredited Genealogist specializing in Polish research; this accreditation was awarded by the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen). Because of his study of Information Science, Tadeusz is very interested in creating electronic databases, and he is working on a Lemko Extraction Project. He enjoys traveling to foreign countries such as Denmark, Germany, Ukraine, Slovakia, England, Russia, Mongolia, and Lybia (North Africa) where he lived for half a year. He conducts genealogical research both in European archives and in records at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City during his frequent visits to Utah. In addition to being fluent in Polish, German, and English, he can read Latin and Russian Cyrillic. Tadeusz has given lectures on genealogy in Warsaw, Opole, and Tarnobrzeg, Poland, as well as San Antonio, Texas. He participated in the 150th Anniversary of Panna Maria, Texas, which was settled by Silesian immigrants.
      >
      > Martin Kleiner

    • Richard Hardesty
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 23, 2011
        He did have an email address, but unfortunately, I no longer have it...try a
        google search

        The website for Tadeusz isn't working. Any other way to contact him?

        Tom Sajwaj

        On Mar 21, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Martin Kleiner wrote:

        > I went a few years ago and it just so happens that there is a genealogist
        that lives in Tarnobrzeg. He found old maps and was able to locate where my
        grandfather lived. He translated for us and was very good. You may want to
        check him out, especially if you need a little more than a translator and
        want some research done.

        > His name is Tadeusz Huber Pilat (800) 596-3230and his website is
        http://wwwprogenealogists.com/tpilat.htm

        > ________
        >
        > Tadeusz was born in Raciborz, Silesia, Poland (previously Ratibor,
        Schlesien, in Germany). He currently resides in Tarnobrzeg, in eastern
        Poland. He pursued Library studies at the University of Maria
        Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland, focusing on the history of books and old
        documents. He specialized in "Supralibros" in Private Collections of the
        16th to 18th centuries. In 1999, he was granted the degree of Master of
        Library and Information Science.

        > In 2003, Tadeusz became an Accredited Genealogist specializing in Polish
        research; this accreditation was awarded by the International Commission for
        the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen). Because of his
        study of Information Science, Tadeusz is very interested in creating
        electronic databases, and he is working on a Lemko Extraction Project. He
        enjoys traveling to foreign countries such as Denmark, Germany, Ukraine,
        Slovakia, England, Russia, Mongolia, and Lybia (North Africa) where he lived
        for half a year. He conducts genealogical research both in European archives
        and in records at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City during his
        frequent visits to Utah. In addition to being fluent in Polish, German, and
        English, he can read Latin and Russian Cyrillic. Tadeusz has given lectures
        on genealogy in Warsaw, Opole, and Tarnobrzeg, Poland, as well as San
        Antonio, Texas. He participated in the 150th Anniversary of Panna Maria,
        Texas, which was settled by Silesian immigrants.

        > Martin Kleiner

      • Burstein, Jill
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 24, 2011
          The website works. There is a '.' Missing after the www in the link that was sent.

          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 24, 2011
            Thanks Jill. I knew it worked before I sent it.