RE: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Traveling to tarnobrzeg

  • Burstein, Jill
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 22, 2011
      I guess it depends when you are traveling. When we traveled last April, Sandomierz was empty.
      We tried to contact Karolina many times and they never responded. What was nice about the Hotel Bastowy was that they speak English.

      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 23, 2011
        The website for Tadeusz isn't working. Any other way to contact him?

        Tom Sajwaj

        On Mar 21, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Martin Kleiner wrote:

        > I went a few years ago and it just so happens that there is a genealogist that lives in Tarnobrzeg. He found old maps and was able to locate where my grandfather lived. He translated for us and was very good. You may want to check him out, especially if you need a little more than a translator and want some research done.
        >
        > His name is Tadeusz Huber Pilat (800) 596-3230and his website is http://wwwprogenealogists.com/tpilat.htm
        >
        > ________
        >
        > Tadeusz was born in Raciborz, Silesia, Poland (previously Ratibor, Schlesien, in Germany). He currently resides in Tarnobrzeg, in eastern Poland. He pursued Library studies at the University of Maria Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland, focusing on the history of books and old documents. He specialized in "Supralibros" in Private Collections of the 16th to 18th centuries. In 1999, he was granted the degree of Master of Library and Information Science.
        >
        > In 2003, Tadeusz became an Accredited Genealogist specializing in Polish research; this accreditation was awarded by the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen). Because of his study of Information Science, Tadeusz is very interested in creating electronic databases, and he is working on a Lemko Extraction Project. He enjoys traveling to foreign countries such as Denmark, Germany, Ukraine, Slovakia, England, Russia, Mongolia, and Lybia (North Africa) where he lived for half a year. He conducts genealogical research both in European archives and in records at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City during his frequent visits to Utah. In addition to being fluent in Polish, German, and English, he can read Latin and Russian Cyrillic. Tadeusz has given lectures on genealogy in Warsaw, Opole, and Tarnobrzeg, Poland, as well as San Antonio, Texas. He participated in the 150th Anniversary of Panna Maria, Texas, which was settled by Silesian immigrants.
        >
        > Martin Kleiner

      • Richard Hardesty
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 23, 2011
          He did have an email address, but unfortunately, I no longer have it...try a
          google search

          The website for Tadeusz isn't working. Any other way to contact him?

          Tom Sajwaj

          On Mar 21, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Martin Kleiner wrote:

          > I went a few years ago and it just so happens that there is a genealogist
          that lives in Tarnobrzeg. He found old maps and was able to locate where my
          grandfather lived. He translated for us and was very good. You may want to
          check him out, especially if you need a little more than a translator and
          want some research done.

          > His name is Tadeusz Huber Pilat (800) 596-3230and his website is
          http://wwwprogenealogists.com/tpilat.htm

          > ________
          >
          > Tadeusz was born in Raciborz, Silesia, Poland (previously Ratibor,
          Schlesien, in Germany). He currently resides in Tarnobrzeg, in eastern
          Poland. He pursued Library studies at the University of Maria
          Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland, focusing on the history of books and old
          documents. He specialized in "Supralibros" in Private Collections of the
          16th to 18th centuries. In 1999, he was granted the degree of Master of
          Library and Information Science.

          > In 2003, Tadeusz became an Accredited Genealogist specializing in Polish
          research; this accreditation was awarded by the International Commission for
          the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen). Because of his
          study of Information Science, Tadeusz is very interested in creating
          electronic databases, and he is working on a Lemko Extraction Project. He
          enjoys traveling to foreign countries such as Denmark, Germany, Ukraine,
          Slovakia, England, Russia, Mongolia, and Lybia (North Africa) where he lived
          for half a year. He conducts genealogical research both in European archives
          and in records at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City during his
          frequent visits to Utah. In addition to being fluent in Polish, German, and
          English, he can read Latin and Russian Cyrillic. Tadeusz has given lectures
          on genealogy in Warsaw, Opole, and Tarnobrzeg, Poland, as well as San
          Antonio, Texas. He participated in the 150th Anniversary of Panna Maria,
          Texas, which was settled by Silesian immigrants.

          > Martin Kleiner

        • Burstein, Jill
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 24, 2011
            The website works. There is a '.' Missing after the www in the link that was sent.

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 24, 2011
              Thanks Jill. I knew it worked before I sent it.