Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Traveling to tarnobrzeg

  • Sylvia Hansen
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 22, 2011
      So helpful! Thank you!

      On 3/21/11 9:38 PM, Martin Kleiner wrote:

      > I went a few years ago and it just so happens that there is a
      > genealogist that lives in Tarnobrzeg. He found old maps and was able
      > to locate where my grandfather lived. He translated for us and was
      > very good. You may want to check him out, especially if you need a
      > little more than a translator and want some research done.
      >
      > His name is Tadeusz Huber Pilat (800) 596-3230and his website is
      > http://wwwprogenealogists.com/tpilat.htm
      >
      > ________
      >
      > Tadeusz was born in Raciborz, Silesia, Poland (previously Ratibor,
      > Schlesien, in Germany). He currently resides in Tarnobrzeg, in eastern
      > Poland. He pursued Library studies at the University of Maria
      > Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland, focusing on the history of books
      > and old documents. He specialized in "Supralibros" in Private
      > Collections of the 16th to 18th centuries. In 1999, he was granted the
      > degree of Master of Library and Information Science.
      >
      > In 2003, Tadeusz became an Accredited Genealogist specializing in
      > Polish research; this accreditation was awarded by the International
      > Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists
      > (ICAPGen). Because of his study of Information Science, Tadeusz is
      > very interested in creating electronic databases, and he is working on
      > a Lemko Extraction Project. He enjoys traveling to foreign countries
      > such as Denmark, Germany, Ukraine, Slovakia, England, Russia,
      > Mongolia, and Lybia (North Africa) where he lived for half a year. He
      > conducts genealogical research both in European archives and in
      > records at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City during his
      > frequent visits to Utah. In addition to being fluent in Polish,
      > German, and English, he can read Latin and Russian Cyrillic. Tadeusz
      > has given lectures on genealogy in Warsaw, Opole, and Tarnobrzeg,
      > Poland, as well as San Antonio, Texas. He participated in the 150th
      > Anniversary of Panna Maria, Texas, which was settled by Silesian
      > immigrants.
      >
      > Martin Kleiner

    • Burstein, Jill
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 22, 2011
        Yes; they were very nice there. They have a nice restaurant at the hotel as well.
        Try to find a translator with a car to go to Tarnobrzeg.

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 22, 2011
          Good places to stay in Tarnobrzeg
          Sonata
          http://www.sonata.tarnobrzeg.pl/main.php?id=galeria
          Karolina
          http://hotelkarolina.pl/en_index.html
          Because it is in Tarnobrzeg, it cheaper and less crowded than Sandomierz (medieval touristic town).

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 22, 2011
            I guess it depends when you are traveling. When we traveled last April, Sandomierz was empty.
            We tried to contact Karolina many times and they never responded. What was nice about the Hotel Bastowy was that they speak English.

            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 23 6:02 PM
              The website for Tadeusz isn't working. Any other way to contact him?

              Tom Sajwaj

              On Mar 21, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Martin Kleiner wrote:

              > I went a few years ago and it just so happens that there is a genealogist that lives in Tarnobrzeg. He found old maps and was able to locate where my grandfather lived. He translated for us and was very good. You may want to check him out, especially if you need a little more than a translator and want some research done.
              >
              > His name is Tadeusz Huber Pilat (800) 596-3230and his website is http://wwwprogenealogists.com/tpilat.htm
              >
              > ________
              >
              > Tadeusz was born in Raciborz, Silesia, Poland (previously Ratibor, Schlesien, in Germany). He currently resides in Tarnobrzeg, in eastern Poland. He pursued Library studies at the University of Maria Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland, focusing on the history of books and old documents. He specialized in "Supralibros" in Private Collections of the 16th to 18th centuries. In 1999, he was granted the degree of Master of Library and Information Science.
              >
              > In 2003, Tadeusz became an Accredited Genealogist specializing in Polish research; this accreditation was awarded by the International Commission for the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen). Because of his study of Information Science, Tadeusz is very interested in creating electronic databases, and he is working on a Lemko Extraction Project. He enjoys traveling to foreign countries such as Denmark, Germany, Ukraine, Slovakia, England, Russia, Mongolia, and Lybia (North Africa) where he lived for half a year. He conducts genealogical research both in European archives and in records at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City during his frequent visits to Utah. In addition to being fluent in Polish, German, and English, he can read Latin and Russian Cyrillic. Tadeusz has given lectures on genealogy in Warsaw, Opole, and Tarnobrzeg, Poland, as well as San Antonio, Texas. He participated in the 150th Anniversary of Panna Maria, Texas, which was settled by Silesian immigrants.
              >
              > Martin Kleiner

            • Richard Hardesty
              Message 6 of 12 , Apr 23 6:41 PM
                He did have an email address, but unfortunately, I no longer have it...try a
                google search

                The website for Tadeusz isn't working. Any other way to contact him?

                Tom Sajwaj

                On Mar 21, 2011, at 8:38 PM, Martin Kleiner wrote:

                > I went a few years ago and it just so happens that there is a genealogist
                that lives in Tarnobrzeg. He found old maps and was able to locate where my
                grandfather lived. He translated for us and was very good. You may want to
                check him out, especially if you need a little more than a translator and
                want some research done.

                > His name is Tadeusz Huber Pilat (800) 596-3230and his website is
                http://wwwprogenealogists.com/tpilat.htm

                > ________
                >
                > Tadeusz was born in Raciborz, Silesia, Poland (previously Ratibor,
                Schlesien, in Germany). He currently resides in Tarnobrzeg, in eastern
                Poland. He pursued Library studies at the University of Maria
                Curie-Sklodowska in Lublin, Poland, focusing on the history of books and old
                documents. He specialized in "Supralibros" in Private Collections of the
                16th to 18th centuries. In 1999, he was granted the degree of Master of
                Library and Information Science.

                > In 2003, Tadeusz became an Accredited Genealogist specializing in Polish
                research; this accreditation was awarded by the International Commission for
                the Accreditation of Professional Genealogists (ICAPGen). Because of his
                study of Information Science, Tadeusz is very interested in creating
                electronic databases, and he is working on a Lemko Extraction Project. He
                enjoys traveling to foreign countries such as Denmark, Germany, Ukraine,
                Slovakia, England, Russia, Mongolia, and Lybia (North Africa) where he lived
                for half a year. He conducts genealogical research both in European archives
                and in records at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City during his
                frequent visits to Utah. In addition to being fluent in Polish, German, and
                English, he can read Latin and Russian Cyrillic. Tadeusz has given lectures
                on genealogy in Warsaw, Opole, and Tarnobrzeg, Poland, as well as San
                Antonio, Texas. He participated in the 150th Anniversary of Panna Maria,
                Texas, which was settled by Silesian immigrants.

                > Martin Kleiner

              • Burstein, Jill
                Message 7 of 12 , Apr 24 6:15 AM
                  The website works. There is a '.' Missing after the www in the link that was sent.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Apr 24 7:32 AM
                    Thanks Jill. I knew it worked before I sent it.