Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Bollenbach; Kurz; Walter; Mathes

  • Sarah Kelly
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 7, 2010
      Yes, Tarnobrzeg in Poland was once under Austrian rule ( Galicia ). My great grandparents came to the US from Tarnobrzeg in the early 1900's. The family names of Wryk and Ksiazek. I just recently visited Tarnobrzeg for the first time a few months ago. I took a train to Tarnobrzeg from Krakow. Unfortunately I did not get to spend a lot of time there but am hoping to go back again soon.

      From: "vleigh14" <vleigh14@yahoo. com>
      To: tarnobrzeg-gen@ yahoogroups. com
      Subject: [tarnobrzeg- gen] Bollenbach; Kurz; Walter; Mathes
      Date: Sat, 06 Mar 2010 19:08:09 -0000

      Hi all! I have the following family that are documented as births or deaths from the following area's:

      Surname - Bollenbach - Sulichow, Tarnobrzeg, Galizien, Austria
      Surname - Kurz - Reichsheim #32, Mielec, Galizien, Austria
      Surname - Walter - Reichsheim #34, Mielec, Galizien, Austria
      Surname - Mathes - Ranischau #28, Kolbuszowa, Galizien, Austria

      Surname - Schnell - Steinau #42, Nisko, Galizien, Austria
      Surname - Schweitzer - Reichsheim #32, Mielec, Galizien, Austria
      Surname - Martin - Reichsheim #22, Mielec, Galizien, Austria
      Surname - Hartfelder - Ranischau, Kolbuszowa, Galizien, Austria

      Other names are also - Zimmermann; Friess; Knerr

      Would like to know if anyone has any addtional specific history information on these families and or cemetary info/pictures details.

      Thank you! Viv...

      Diet Help
      Cheap Diet Help Tips. Click here.
      http://thirdpartyof fers.juno. com/TGL2131/ c?cp=PLF- -5KNn8CI2vkT3tvo XQAAJz3J5C411z24 hTtX80JHqq- VAAYAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAADNAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAYQAA AAAA=

    • Sarah Kelly
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 7, 2010
        I have a copy of a recent Tarnobrzeg phone book. I found the listing below in case you are interested.

        BOLENBACH Maria
        mgr  Matejki.........................822 87 85

        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 7, 2010
          --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, Vivien Leigh <vleigh14@...> wrote:

          > Hi Marek!....Yes, anything that may be additional to what is on the Internet. See, that is part of something I didn't know...I found the area of Mielec, in Poland. I know that some area's may at one time have been Austria, now may actually be in Poland? So, for instance...My Bollenbach side listed as Tarnobrzeg...Is that not the same as Tarnobrzeg in Poland? Sorry, Yes I am a little lost here. I do know that the dates of the families I'm looking for in the area's are pre 1900. I do have family information that my Ggrandmother who was a Walter was Jewish. The others I don't know but would like to know and also if there were any other family members who remained/survived in the area. Would like to know what they did while they were there (occupations for example), would like to know/understand who they were. I would like to plan a trip...But not real sure where to go.

          .Yes, anything that may be additional to what is on the Internet. See, that is part of something I didn't know...I found the area of Mielec, in Poland. I know that some area's may at one time have been Austria, now may actually be in Poland? So, for instance...My Bollenbach side listed as Tarnobrzeg...Is that not the same as Tarnobrzeg in Poland?
          -----------------

          Your ancestors were Germans colonist settled in chosen villages, towns
          by Austrian occupant in the middle of 18 century. Some of those villahges were created from the begining and get German name, some nam es were converted to German but the area was Polish all the time before Austrians like it is today. As soon IIWW ended the Polish names
          were reverted to those which were germanized. However Mielec,Tarnobrzeg,Kolbuszowa were always the same.

          So before 1945 Sarnow was known as Reichsheim near Mielec
          Ranizow was Ranischau near Kolbuszowa
          Stieinau is now Nowy Kamien near Nisko

          Go there to see old map
          http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/AD6US_mAzuvyhOEmPmOv4Wj7ijcZKlaMoF9PBq0NtMcFxRIzfOK3uHRJaQzzGV_QVQOnm7tAqbU5BumvNf8n/Tarnobrzeg%20maps/Mapa%20kolonii%20niemieckich%20w%20Galicji%20w%2019391.png

          if does not work go here

          find "files" and look for "mapa kolonii niemieckich"
          compare with today interactive map of Poland and try
          to locate any city in Poland(with Polish name only ofcourse).

          http://mapa.targeo.pl/tarnobrzeg

          Note that some names contains diactrical marks.
          Learn about it especially if You want to use next link to Polish phonebook

          http://ksiazka-telefoniczna.com/

          That one is sensitive for Diactrical marks. If
          given name originally contain such mark but You
          did not wwrite it the phonebook is going to say
          (in Polish) "no such city".

          Use Targeo map first to check right spelling of cities names.

          Good Luck
          Marek
        • Vivien Leigh
          Message 4 of 15 , Mar 7, 2010
            Thank you Sarah!!!!

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 15 , Mar 7, 2010
              Thank you Marek! This helps allot!

              ________________________________

              ------------ -----

              http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/tarnobrzeg -gen

              find "files" and look for "mapa kolonii niemieckich"
              compare with today interactive map of Poland and try
              to locate any city in Poland(with Polish name only ofcourse).

              http://mapa. targeo.pl/ tarnobrzeg

              Note that some names contains diactrical marks.
              Learn about it especially if You want to use next link to Polish phonebook

              http://ksiazka- telefoniczna. com/

              That one is sensitive for Diactrical marks. If
              given name originally contain such mark but You
              did not wwrite it the phonebook is going to say
              (in Polish) "no such city".

              Use Targeo map first to check right spelling of cities names.

              Good Luck
              Marek

            • Wanda Bradley
              Message 6 of 15 , Mar 8, 2010
                Vivian,
                Maybe it would be good to sign up on Rootsweb.com or Ancestry.com or any of the those geneological sites. I got a lot of my information on Ancestry but that does have a price to pay. You can sign up on Rootsweb and on to a board with the names you are looking for.
                My family comes from that area of Galicia (Brozozow) and I know there were a lot of Jewish families in that area. It was once considered Austria when the Germans changed the border lines. I have a birth certificate from Austria for my youngest uncle who was born there. I have also gotten information from LDS site, Familysearch.com.

                I did not see where you live now. Maybe I am repeating things that you know but I wish you well and lots of success on your quest to find your family.
                Wanda in Fl
                OWSIANY, TRZASKA, WOLANIN, SOKOL, BRUNNER

> [...]

                if does not work go here

                http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/tarnobrzeg -gen

                find "files" and look for "mapa kolonii niemieckich"
                compare with today interactive map of Poland and try
                to locate any city in Poland(with Polish name only ofcourse).

                http://mapa. targeo.pl/ tarnobrzeg

                Note that some names contains diactrical marks.
                Learn about it especially if You want to use next link to Polish phonebook

                http://ksiazka- telefoniczna. com/

                That one is sensitive for Diactrical marks. If
                given name originally contain such mark but You
                did not wwrite it the phonebook is going to say
                (in Polish) "no such city".

                Use Targeo map first to check right spelling of cities names.

              • Martin Kleiner
                Message 7 of 15 , Mar 8, 2010
                  I am sure that you have checked out www.jewishgen.org

                  Martin Kleiner

                  Message 8 of 15 , Mar 8, 2010
                    Yes, but not recently. They did come here in 1906. There are still some living over there. I have been in contact.

                    Wanda in fl

                    Message 9 of 15 , Mar 8, 2010
                      Why, thank you so much.
                      I don't think I will ever get there but I am doing the tree for posterity and maybe someone will get there.

                      Wanda in Fl

                      Brzozów [ˈbʐɔzuf] (Yiddish: ברעזשוב-Brezhiv, lat. Brozovia, or Prozzow) is a town in south-eastern Poland, with 7,677 inhabitants (02.06.2009).[1] It is situated in Subcarpathian Voivodeship (since 1999) and is the seat of both Brzozów County and the smaller administrative district of Gmina Brzozów. It lies 38 kilometres (24 mi) south of the city of Rzeszów.

                      .com

                      Do not know if this is any help, my grandmother, Anna Rzeznik, was born in Mielec, in 1892.

                      In present day Poland, Mielec is in the Podkarpackie Province (Województwo). Mielec is the seat of the County (Powiat) and Administrative District (Starostwo) which includes the city and commune of Mielec and the following communes / municipalities (Gminas): Borowa, Czermin, Gawluszowice, Padew Narodowa, Przeclaw, Radomysl Wielki, Tuszów Narodowy, Wadowice Górne