No blank check for Wall street petition link

  • Christina Pacosz
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 23, 2008
      Subject: No blank check for Wall Street.

      Dear Friend,

      Congress is on the brink of making a one-sided deal to give George W. Bush a blank check to bail out his pals - offering nearly (or perhaps more than) a trillion taxpayer dollars to Wall Street to cover its bad debts. That works out to somewhere between $2000 and $5000 from every American family. So what do the taxpayers get in return?

      Nothing. No new regulation or oversight to help avoid this kind of crisis in the future. No public interest givebacks to help people whose homes are in the hands of the banks. Perhaps most shockingly of all, the taxpayers get absolutely no share in the profits if and when these finance giants bounce back, even though we are now assuming a great deal of the risk.

      This is worse than a bad deal - this isn't a deal at all. This is a blank check to some of the richest companies in the world.

      I just signed a petition calling on key members of Congress to impose a few sensible conditions to this bailout in order to protect the American people -- I hope you will too.

      Please have a look and take action.

      http://act.credoaction.com/campaign/no_blank_check/?r_by=-1073256-5_8vAMx&rc=paste

      Thanks!

    • Wanda Bradley

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 23, 2008
          First of all, this is not the place for political discussion and furthermore, Congress was supposed to be doing oversight all these years but failed to do so since they were receiving so much of the monies from Fannie and Freddie.
          Get the facts right and do not use the list for this.
          I hate that ithis is happening also but put the blame where it belongs. IT is no blank check and the Democratic congress has held up so much legislation these past year's and again they are going on break with nothing accomplished. this goes for both sides. Telephone and do what you have to to have them continue. Also, vote those who are responsible out. There are just 40 some days left to find out the culprits and you won't find it in the news most times. They, too, are not going to do their job.

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 23, 2008
            It was an error to send it to this list. I apologize for doing so. I thought I still had Marek's personal e-mail. Christina