Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Uploading files useful for the group

    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
      -- "Martin H. Kleiner" <martink@...> wrote:
      Marek,

      I couldn't figure out how to do it.

      You still need Yahoo ID in order to see those maps back
      even if I will upload them for You. Besides You need
      that ID also to search and see messages in archives
      in this list.

      I received those maps but I cannot see any house numbers
      You mentioned.
      Could You really see them?

      Click for free info on business schools, $150K/ year potential.
      http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3l7gMxorcwCXEjYK9TLzB47YPoNezNPtqq66QxYOymidu7ER/
    • martink@tampabay.rr.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
        1. I realized after I posted the maps on the Walmart site that you would not be able to download them. (walmart makes their money from people buying them)

        2. I used my yahoo id but I couldn't figure out how to upload them.

        3. The photos are about 2.5MB each so if you get the original file, you can blow them up to very clearly show the house numbers. You can also read the names of some of the people. It looks as though they used the map to mark who had paid taxes.

        4. I didn't want to send all the photos because it would have been a huge file. When I get home from work today, I will try again.

        ---- Marek Duszkiewicz <marek.duszkiewicz@...> wrote:

        > -- "Martin H. Kleiner" <martink@...> wrote:
        > Marek,
        >
        > I couldn't figure out how to do it.
        >
        > You still need Yahoo ID in order to see those maps back
        > even if I will upload them for You. Besides You need
        > that ID also to search and see messages in archives
        > in this list.
        >
        > Sign in to Yahoo http://edit.yahoo.com/config/
        >
        > I received those maps but I cannot see any house numbers
        > You mentioned.
        > Could You really see them?
        > Marek D.

        > Click for free info on business schools, $150K/ year potential.
        > http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2121/fc/Ioyw6i3l7gMxorcwCXEjYK9TLzB47YPoNezNPtqq66QxYOymidu7ER/

      • Mike Rose

          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
            I went to Tarnobrzeg last summer to visit. Before I went, I hired Mr. Tadeusz Pilat, a professional genealogist who just so happens lives in Tarnobrzeg. HE speaks excellent English.

            See: http://geneurope.org/default.aspx

            He went to the archives and photographed the maps for me so that he could locate my families homes before I got there.

            You may want to email him and asked. My guess is that he will charge about $200 for the maps. thpilat@...

            Martin Kleiner

            > Are there any maps availble of Mielec and Grebow, which are within Tarnobrzeg ?

          • tarnobrzeg2001
            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 7, 2008
              --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, <martink@...> wrote:

              > 1. I realized after I posted the maps on the Walmart site that you
              would not be able to download them. (walmart makes their money from
              people buying them)

              > 2. I used my yahoo id but I couldn't figure out how to upload them.

              Sorry, but I just realized now that It was all my fault as a moderator.
              Set up of policy List was prventing any member to upload
              any file. I just changed that and from now on You can
              upload those map in original size. WOW!!! It is very valuable
              resources if the all details You mentioned are visible.
              Please try again.