Rzeszut's From Dabrowica, Tarnobrzeg

  • elwrann
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      I'm researching my Rzeszut roots. My ancestors Kasper and Anna
      (Kopec) Rzeszut came to the USA from Dabrowica Galicia in 1907 and
      1909 (per (ship's passenger lists). Their death certificates and the
      marriage certificates of their children cite Tarnobrzeg as their
      place of birth. I've created a Blog where I'm posting everything I
      know about my Austrian/Polish immigrant ancestors at
      http://kasperandanna.wordpress.com

      Rzeszut was shortened to Zesut soon after they arrived in the US and
      settled in Glastonbury, CT.

      If anyone else out there is researching this line or recognizes the
      name please get in touch!

      I recently sent a letter to the Slezaki Parish (where I suspect they
      attended church) inquiring about records as the LDS don't have
      microfilm for that area. Hoping to get some positive results.

      Regards,

      EW
    • Richard Hardesty
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
        If you get a reply let me know�I just found out our family records lie
        within Slezaki parish as well///regards. Richard Hardesty Researching the
        Pachniak family ca. 1875

        I'm researching my Rzeszut roots. My ancestors Kasper and Anna
        (Kopec) Rzeszut came to the USA from Dabrowica Galicia in 1907 and
        1909 (per (ship's passenger lists). Their death certificates and the
        marriage certificates of their children cite Tarnobrzeg as their
        place of birth. I've created a Blog where I'm posting everything I
        know about my Austrian/Polish immigrant ancestors at
        HYPERLINK
        "http://kasperandanna.wordpress.com"http://kasperandanna.wordpress.com

        Rzeszut was shortened to Zesut soon after they arrived in the US and
        settled in Glastonbury, CT.

        If anyone else out there is researching this line or recognizes the
        name please get in touch!

        I recently sent a letter to the Slezaki Parish (where I suspect they
        attended church) inquiring about records as the LDS don't have
        microfilm for that area. Hoping to get some positive results.

        Regards,

        EW

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        10:10 AM

        Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        10:10 AM

      • Elliot Wrann
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 4, 2008
          Hi!

          It was thanks to the response to your query in an online magazine that I
          discovered Slezaki! Will keep you posted.

          EW