Tarnobrzeg Records

  • Martin_Kleiner
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2007
      I have been working with a genealogist that just so happens lives in
      Tarnobrzeg. He was able to find the Tarnobrzeg Cadastral maps from
      the 1850's and 1870's which showed the house numbers. For those of
      you who have found old records (birth certificates, 1880 census, etc.)
      from Jewishgen.org, etc., you probably noticed that the addresses are
      just listed as house numbers. Although to get an exact location with
      100% accuracy, you would need a surveyor. But the maps show the
      Church and Synagogue so you can use these landmarks to find the place
      you want with 95% accuracy. (He was my guide in Tarnobrzeg as well as
      Rudnik and Rozwadow)

      Mr. Tadeusz Pilat (thpilat@...) is going to Przemysl which has
      Tarnobrzeg records. Since he is there already, if you are interested
      in him looking doing research please send him an email. His rates are
      reasonable (especially, if we can get enough people to cover his
      travel expenses.)

      http://www.progenealogists.com/tpilat.htm

      (I am not sure, he may have already left for Przemysl)

      Sources in the State Archive in Przemyl regarding Tarnobrzeg:

      Akta Notariuszy Tarnobrzega 1872-1934 [The Tarnobrzeg Notary records].
      These are fantastic records for property and also genealogical
      research. All deeds, wills, sale and purchase and many other records
      can be found there.

      Sad Powiatowy w Tarnobrzegu 1863-1956 [The District Court in
      Tarnobrzeg]. All trials and other cases can be found there.

      C.K. Starostwo Powiatowe w Tarnobrzegu 1851-1918 [The Royal County
      Records of Tarnobrzeg].

      Martin K.