grandparents

  • carolpierstorff
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 25, 2006
      Hello, my grandfather came to the US in 1905 from Tarnobrzeg and his
      name was Jan Grzych. My grandmother, Sofia Skrat, came from Nisko at
      about the same time. Does anyone know of potential relatives that I
      may have in the region. Thank you Carol Pierstorff
    • tarnobrzeg2001
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
        --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, "carolpierstorff"
        <carolpierstorff@...> wrote:

        > My grandmother, Sofia Skrat, came from Nisko at
        > about the same time. Does anyone know of potential relatives that I
        > may have in the region

        Carol,
        I think You or somebody at the time of arrival of your ancestors
        mispelled surname Skrzat into Skrat.
        There in Nisko is plenty families with that name SKRZAT
        (not Skrat).
        Just go to Polish White Pages like I just did and had
        advised to Jim

        http://www.wirtualnafrancja.com/telefony/index.php?language=pl
        or
        http://www.ksiazka-telefoniczna.com/index.php

        and check by yourself.

      • Wanda Bradley
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
        • Carol Queen
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 4, 2006
            Marek,

            I know that you have posted this telephone exchange number numerous times
            over the years. But I just figured out how to use it..lol.

            I have been researching the name Bera and had some nibbles and even emailed
            one of them with some promise, but all that has not been productive.
            However, I was able to use the phone exchange to get a correct spelling on
            my grandfather Bera's mother's maiden name. It was listed on his social
            security application as Kogor... but I never found that name listed anywhere
            else. I did find the name Kocor and ran a telephone search and found one in
            Tarnobrzeg. I believe that the correct name is Kocor. So, thank you for
            posting that link again.

            Carol

            Marek said:

            Just go to Polish White Pages like I just did and had
            advised to Jim

            http://www.wirtualnafrancja.com/telefony/index.php?language=pl
            or
            http://www.ksiazka-telefoniczna.com/index.php