Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Thank you, Tom!!!

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 11, 2006
      The author, Jan Slomka, didn't date his references to individual
      people. This is maddening for those of us who are trying to correlate
      his references to our familys' events.

      Sometimes, though, Slomka would give enough other contextual material to
      estimate a year. For example, Jan Ordyk was taken hostage by the
      Austrians in about the middle of World War 1, thus, about 1916. Since
      most young men away in the army and Slomka elsewhere in the text stated
      that most village officials were elderly men during the war, Jan Ordyk
      might well be my grandmother's brother, first cousin, or maybe a younger
      uncle.

      If you'd like, give the specific individuals, and I'll check the text
      for additional information.

      Tom