Introduce myself

  • eggy74uk
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 16, 2006
      Hello,

      My name is Steve Milne and I would like to formally introduce myself
      to the group.

      I live in North London and have been researching my family history
      for the last 2 years.

      My research has led me to a town called Sokolniki, which lies
      between Tarnozbeg and Sandomierz. My 2nd great grandfather, his 2
      sisters and probably their parents were born in Sokolniki. My great
      grandfather was born Chaim Isaak Goldfarb but soon became Hyman
      Rosengarten. His sister was born Keila Goldfarb (Katie
      Rosengarten. The third sister died in infancy, Frymet Goldfarb.
      The parents were Lazar(us) Selina (Cyna or Chana) Goldfarb. They
      all emigrated to England in 1906.

      It would be fantastic if anyone could give me information regarding
      the town ie, population, history, website or any information. I
      understand that the archives, are likely to be stored in
      Sandomierz. Is this correct? Also, where would I be able to find
      parish records to further my research? I have located birth records
      for the three siblings and now like to find any church/synagogue
      records in the area.

      Any information will be warmly received.

      Many thanks for your time.