Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Re: Civil Registration Office

  • vicky gunkel
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2006
      Hi Stan, Thank you for the information about the parish in Zaleszany. It looks like this could be where my grandfather was baptized. I will ask my surviving aunts if they recall the name. I appreciate you reply as it was the only one I got to my query. Vicky

      lipnica11 <lipnica11@...> wrote: Hi,
      Some news about village and parish Zaleszany.There is birh and
      bapt.archivee from XIX cent./ I don't see any web parish address/
      http://www.sandomierz.opoka.org.pl/strdiec/parafie.php?p=238&d=2
      Regards
      Stan
      --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, "vjgunkel59" <vjgunkel59@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Marek,
      >
      > A friend recommended I write to you with a family research
      question,
      > and I hope you and this list, is able to help me. (I am
      relatively
      > new)
      >
      > Both of my grandparents came from Tarnobrzeg, and I actually have
      > copy of my grandfathers birth certificate from the Przemysly
      > Dioecesis. He was from a Parochia, Zaleszany, Decanatus,
      Miechocin.

      > My grandmother, however, left us no records of her baptism, birth,
      > other than the town name: Machow. My aunts heard the name
      > Miechocin from her often as well as Rzeszow. My question is could
      > her birth and baptism records be from the archives in Przemysl, or
      > Rzeszow or ? This archive (Przemysl) does list records from the
      > late 1900's when she and siblings were born, but I also ran across
      > the following information online:
      >
      > Located at the Regional Archives of Poland, in Sandomierzc.
      >
      > Census for Tarnobrzeg and Dzikow, for the year 1880
      >
      > Books of movement of inhabitants for the town of Tarnobrzeg year
      > 1901-1905
      > (Changes of addresses were registered by the authorities)
      >
      > Books of inhabitants of Tarnobrzeg municipality, year 1925, some
      > earlier years
      >
      > Books of inhabitants of people moving out of town, years 1929-1939
      >
      > Books of Jews, not inhabitants of the town of Tarnobrzeg 1843-1948
      >
      > Located at the Civil Registration Office in Tarnobrzeg USC
      >
      > Birth records, years 1889-1901 1903-1932 1935 1937-1940
      >

      > The above mentioned information tells me my grandmothers birth
      > records could be in a Civil Registration Office in Tarnobrzeg, but
      > lists no address for me to write to. (She was born 1897) Could
      you
      > help me with finding an address for the Civil Registration
      Office?
      > I am just not finding it online.
      >
      > Thank you for your patience and any help you are able to afford
      me,
      > I appreciate it very much.
      >
      > Vicky
      > surnames: Swieton, Grazda, Wolanska, Horka,

      Poland travel Poland vacation Call poland Poland calling card Poland car rental Warsaw poland