Civil Registration Office

  • vjgunkel59
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2005
      Hi Marek,

      A friend recommended I write to you with a family research question,
      and I hope you and this list, is able to help me. (I am relatively
      new)

      Both of my grandparents came from Tarnobrzeg, and I actually have a
      copy of my grandfathers birth certificate from the Przemysly
      Dioecesis. He was from a Parochia, Zaleszany, Decanatus, Miechocin.

      My grandmother, however, left us no records of her baptism, birth,
      other than the town name: Machow. My aunts heard the name
      Miechocin from her often as well as Rzeszow. My question is could
      her birth and baptism records be from the archives in Przemysl, or
      Rzeszow or ? This archive (Przemysl) does list records from the
      late 1900's when she and siblings were born, but I also ran across
      the following information online:

      Located at the Regional Archives of Poland, in Sandomierzc.

      Census for Tarnobrzeg and Dzikow, for the year 1880

      Books of movement of inhabitants for the town of Tarnobrzeg year
      1901-1905
      (Changes of addresses were registered by the authorities)

      Books of inhabitants of Tarnobrzeg municipality, year 1925, some
      earlier years

      Books of inhabitants of people moving out of town, years 1929-1939

      Books of Jews, not inhabitants of the town of Tarnobrzeg 1843-1948

      Located at the Civil Registration Office in Tarnobrzeg USC

      Birth records, years 1889-1901 1903-1932 1935 1937-1940

      The above mentioned information tells me my grandmothers birth
      records could be in a Civil Registration Office in Tarnobrzeg, but
      lists no address for me to write to. (She was born 1897) Could you
      help me with finding an address for the Civil Registration Office?
      I am just not finding it online.

      Thank you for your patience and any help you are able to afford me,
      I appreciate it very much.

      Vicky
      surnames: Swieton, Grazda, Wolanska, Horka,
    • lipnica11
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 10, 2006
        Hi,
        Some news about village and parish Zaleszany.There is birh and
        bapt.archivee from XIX cent./ I don't see any web parish address/
        http://www.sandomierz.opoka.org.pl/strdiec/parafie.php?p=238&d=2
        Regards
        Stan
        --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, "vjgunkel59" <vjgunkel59@...>
        wrote:

        > Hi Marek,
        >
        > A friend recommended I write to you with a family research
        question,
        > and I hope you and this list, is able to help me. (I am
        relatively
        > new)
        >
        > Both of my grandparents came from Tarnobrzeg, and I actually have
        > copy of my grandfathers birth certificate from the Przemysly
        > Dioecesis. He was from a Parochia, Zaleszany, Decanatus,
        Miechocin.

        > My grandmother, however, left us no records of her baptism, birth,
        > other than the town name: Machow. My aunts heard the name
        > Miechocin from her often as well as Rzeszow. My question is could
        > her birth and baptism records be from the archives in Przemysl, or
        > Rzeszow or ? This archive (Przemysl) does list records from the
        > late 1900's when she and siblings were born, but I also ran across
        > the following information online:
        >
        > Located at the Regional Archives of Poland, in Sandomierzc.
        >
        > Census for Tarnobrzeg and Dzikow, for the year 1880
        >
        > Books of movement of inhabitants for the town of Tarnobrzeg year
        > 1901-1905
        > (Changes of addresses were registered by the authorities)
        >
        > Books of inhabitants of Tarnobrzeg municipality, year 1925, some
        > earlier years
        >
        > Books of inhabitants of people moving out of town, years 1929-1939
        >
        > Books of Jews, not inhabitants of the town of Tarnobrzeg 1843-1948
        >
        > Located at the Civil Registration Office in Tarnobrzeg USC
        >
        > Birth records, years 1889-1901 1903-1932 1935 1937-1940
        >

        > The above mentioned information tells me my grandmothers birth
        > records could be in a Civil Registration Office in Tarnobrzeg, but
        > lists no address for me to write to. (She was born 1897) Could
        you
        > help me with finding an address for the Civil Registration
        Office?
        > I am just not finding it online.
        >
        > Thank you for your patience and any help you are able to afford
        me,
        > I appreciate it very much.
        >
        > Vicky
        > surnames: Swieton, Grazda, Wolanska, Horka,

      • vicky gunkel
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1 10:44 PM
          Hi Stan, Thank you for the information about the parish in Zaleszany. It looks like this could be where my grandfather was baptized. I will ask my surviving aunts if they recall the name. I appreciate you reply as it was the only one I got to my query. Vicky

          lipnica11 <lipnica11@...> wrote: Hi,
          wrote:

          > Hi Marek,
          >
          > A friend recommended I write to you with a family research
          question,
          > and I hope you and this list, is able to help me. (I am
          relatively
          > new)
          >
          > Both of my grandparents came from Tarnobrzeg, and I actually have
          > copy of my grandfathers birth certificate from the Przemysly
          > Dioecesis. He was from a Parochia, Zaleszany, Decanatus,
          Miechocin.

          > My grandmother, however, left us no records of her baptism, birth,
          > other than the town name: Machow. My aunts heard the name
          > Miechocin from her often as well as Rzeszow. My question is could
          > her birth and baptism records be from the archives in Przemysl, or
          > Rzeszow or ? This archive (Przemysl) does list records from the
          > late 1900's when she and siblings were born, but I also ran across
          > the following information online:
          >
          > Located at the Regional Archives of Poland, in Sandomierzc.
          >
          > Census for Tarnobrzeg and Dzikow, for the year 1880
          >
          > Books of movement of inhabitants for the town of Tarnobrzeg year
          > 1901-1905
          > (Changes of addresses were registered by the authorities)
          >
          > Books of inhabitants of Tarnobrzeg municipality, year 1925, some
          > earlier years
          >
          > Books of inhabitants of people moving out of town, years 1929-1939
          >
          > Books of Jews, not inhabitants of the town of Tarnobrzeg 1843-1948
          >
          > Located at the Civil Registration Office in Tarnobrzeg USC
          >
          > Birth records, years 1889-1901 1903-1932 1935 1937-1940
          >

          > The above mentioned information tells me my grandmothers birth
          > records could be in a Civil Registration Office in Tarnobrzeg, but
          > lists no address for me to write to. (She was born 1897) Could
          you
          > help me with finding an address for the Civil Registration
          Office?
          > I am just not finding it online.
          >
          > Thank you for your patience and any help you are able to afford
          me,
          > I appreciate it very much.
          >
          > Vicky
          > surnames: Swieton, Grazda, Wolanska, Horka,

          Poland travel Poland vacation Call poland Poland calling card Poland car rental Warsaw poland