wianecki, bejowicz, bey(?) zbydniow /ternopil

  • debinhollister
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005
      hello and thank you for this group.
      i'm looking for family history related to my father's side of the
      family. his name is anatol and he had two brothers raymond and
      louis. they were all born in the u.s.in the 1910s.
      their father was andrzej wianecki who, at 24 years old, came over
      to the u.s. in august 1909 with a woman named zofia harchewka
      (--archeiwsky?), 21, a relative. they were both from zbydniow. he
      left his father behind and his name might have been warchal. they
      settled in harrison, new jersey with family first name wojcieck.
      andrzej married mary bejowicz. some family stories say that her
      name was lengthened from bey, beyo, bej, bejo?...she had a sister
      petrunia and a brother john (jan?). they both made a trip to the
      old country once. they could have been from ternopil, cosowa or
      maybe tarnobrzeg.
      andrzej was a farm laborer. i've heard that mary's family had a
      orchard. andrzej died around 1922 when my father was two. mary died
      around 1970. she spent most of her adult life single in newark, new
      jersey running a simple grocery/ candy store on johnson street.
      mary's brother john bejowicz (bey?) died in hamilton, canada. he
      was a boxer when he was young.
      any help you can send me would be much appreciated. thanks again.
      sincerely,
      deborah wianecki