Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Turbak/Dabrowica

  • Carole Vopat
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2005
      Dear Marek,

      I have been in contact with Gayle about Tarnobrzeg; perhaps you could also give me some information.

      My paternal grandparents are (were?) buried in the cemetery at Tarnobrzeg in 1921 and 1928. I've read that the Nazis destroyed the cemetery.

      I am flying from Chicago to Krakow this monday. A Polish friend is meeting me. If the graves no longer exist, and if there is nothing left of my father's town to see (he was born in 1888)--as I understand now Tarnobrzeg is an industrial city--is it worth the trouble to travel by public transporation to Tarnobrzeg?

      I am not a geneologist; am only interested in my father's immediate family.

      Would I be able to find my father's birth record?

      Do you know what became of the cemetery? Is it built over? Does the cemetery and its graves no longer exist?

      I am dithering about what to do. It would be a day's journey from Krakow to Tarnobrzeg and back.

      Any advice or opinion?

      Gratefully,
      Carole Gottlieb Vopat