Chechly, parish of Ropczyce

  • chris schauble
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5, 2003
      Hi, I am new to this list. I hope someone can help me.

      My family is from the village of Chechly, parish of Ropczyce. I found most of my family surnames � Pluta, Ochab, Dunay, Jasek, Mieso, Gasior � on the LDS tape for Ropczyce, Internationl Film #995416 for years 1820 to 1848. Some of these names fit into my research and my grandmother�s stories, however, I need records for AFTER 1848 to put all the names and relationships together. Most of our family was Catholic, but there is a story about Jewish people hiding their religion.

      My grandmother said her last communication with Poland was with a cousin Victoria Koziol shortly after World War II. I have a letter from the family dated 1915: Victoria says she was widowed from a Rymut; her grandmother is Maryanna Matyszkiewicz, sister of my great-grandfather Peter Paul Pluta/Plucinski.

      LDS (www.familysearch.org) just updated their lists and now show 12 towns for a Ropczyce search, none of which include the name Chechly. I know that not all of these films are new. Can someone tell me if Chechly is included on any of these? Or offer me other advice?

      The listings for Ropczyce are under the names Blizna, Gora Ropczyce, Lubzina, Mala, Nockowa, Ocieka, Ostrow, Skrzyszow, Sedziszow Malopolski, Wielopole Skrzynaskie, and Laczki Kucharskie.

      Dates vary, as well as number of films for each place. I can copy over the information if it would help, but it is a long list.

      Thanks for any help!

      Chris

    • Stephen Kohler
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2003
        Dear Tarnobrzeg-gen Members,
        Has anyone heard from Marek in the last few weeks?

        Respectfully,

        Stephen
        Yongsan Garrison, Seoul, Republic Of Korea
      • Stephen Kohler
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 10, 2003
          Chris,
          You should have heard from Marek by now.
          If you have not please let us the members of the tarnobrzeg-gen know.

          Please place in writing the location of the village of Chechly, parish
          of Ropczyce. Use other locations to give us a geographic idea. My
          people are from Rudnik nae Sanem in South East Poland. The area was
          once known as Galicia. Are your people from this area? Telling us
          saves the rest of us a lot of time searching around. Tell us more of
          what you know about the family for which you are you searching. By the
          theory of "Six degrees Of Seperation" you are related to the Pope, and
          Gengis Khan. So rumor of Jews in your heritage should not be a problem.
          After all Christ was a Rabbi.
          The more you talk the better we are able to communicate.

[...]

          to have access to our archives
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tarnobrzeg-gen

          Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/