Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Searching for Albert Prarat

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 23, 2003
      --- praratgl@... wrote:

      > My grandfather was named Albert Prarat
      > In dictated document in 1941, he stated:
      > Born: April 5, 1873
      > Place of Birth: Farnobrzyk

      > It appears that typist misspelled tarnobrzeg to come
      > up with Farnobrzyk.
      > I do not speak Polish, so will need help.

      Seems like You are on the right track. Did You check
      Ellis Island Online?

      http://www.ellisisland.org/search/matchMore.asp?LNM=PRARAT&PLNM=PRARAT&kind=exact&offset=0&dwpdone=1

      There are 9 Prarats. All of them from Tarnobrzeg area
      however with misspelled village names. The correct ones
      are Wrzawy, Miechocin, Dzikow

      In Tarnobrzeg lives now at least 3 families of Prarats:

      Michalina Prarat
      ul. Zwierzyniecka
      39-400 Tarnobrzeg,
      tel: (15) 823-12-82

      Jerzy i Renata Prarat
      ul. Zamkowa
      39-400 Tarnobrzeg,
      tel: (15) 823-54-41

      Stanislaw Prarat
      ul. Sienkiewicza
      39-400 Tarnobrzeg,
      tel: (15) 823-53-29

      You should contact them and make them eventually interested
      to do further research in Sandomierz archives (read below).

      > Please let me know if the above sounds reasonable, and,
      > if so, how would I find birth data.

      Data are old enough (over 100 years) to be archived at local
      branch of State Archives in Sandomierz
      http://www.archiwa.gov.pl/mapa/index.eng.html

      Archiwum Panstwowe w Kielcach
      Oddzial w Sandomierzu
      27-600 Sandomierz
      ul. �ydowska 4
      tel./fax. /0-15/ 832-25-09
      sandomierz@...

      > P.S. It appears there is a Prarat in the business listing of
      > Tarnobrzeg but I can't make heads or tails of it.

      Be specific, provide source, url, etc

      Good Luck Marek D.

      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
    • praratgl@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2003
        In a message dated 6/23/03 6:15:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
        marek.duszkiewicz@... writes:

        > http://www.ellisisland.org/search/matchMore.asp?LNM=PRARAT&PLNM=PRARAT&
        > kind=exact&offset=0&dwpdone=1

        Hi Marek.

        Your letter had the most info on Prarat's I have come accross yet.
        Thank you much.

        1. I found a Franz Prarat enter Ellis Island in 1902. I have not
        pursued at this time because my Prarat was already in Washington
        state by 1899.

        2. I will probably need a polish translator to write the families
        in Tarnobrzeg that you mentioned. Do you know how I would do
        this.

        3. You asked for the source of the Prarat listing I had. I am
        attaching printout. I am still looking for URL.

        Szkola Podstawowe

        Miasto            : Górna Grupa
        Kod pocztowy      : 86-133
        Osoby kontaktowe  : dyr. mgr Lucyna Prarat
        Nowe województwo  : kujawsko-pomorskie
        Stare województwo : bydgoskie
        Telefon(y)        : (56)25612
        Forma wlasnosci   : komunalna
        Forma prawna      : samorzad terytorialny
        Zatrudnienie      : 4
        Rok zalozenia     : 1946
        NACE (EKD)        : 80.12    Szkoly podstawowe

        It was dumb not to write down source when I had it, I know, but
        I will capture it next time.

        Again, thanks for all your help. Gary Prarat