Searching for Albert Prarat

  • praratgl@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2003
      Hi,

      My grandfather was named Albert Prarat
      In dictated document in 1941, he stated:

      Born: April 5, 1873
      Place of Birth: Farnobrzyk

      It appears that typist misspelled tarnobrzeg to come up with
      Farnobrzyk.

      I do not speak Polish, so will need help.

      Please let me know if the above sounds reasonable, and, if so,
      how would I find birth data.

      P.S. It appears there is a Prarat in the business listing of
      Tarnobrzeg but I can't make heads or tails of it.

      Thanks, Gary Prarat

      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 23, 2003
        --- praratgl@... wrote:

        > My grandfather was named Albert Prarat
        > In dictated document in 1941, he stated:
        > Born: April 5, 1873
        > Place of Birth: Farnobrzyk

        > It appears that typist misspelled tarnobrzeg to come
        > up with Farnobrzyk.
        > I do not speak Polish, so will need help.

        Seems like You are on the right track. Did You check
        Ellis Island Online?

        http://www.ellisisland.org/search/matchMore.asp?LNM=PRARAT&PLNM=PRARAT&kind=exact&offset=0&dwpdone=1

        There are 9 Prarats. All of them from Tarnobrzeg area
        however with misspelled village names. The correct ones
        are Wrzawy, Miechocin, Dzikow

        In Tarnobrzeg lives now at least 3 families of Prarats:

        Michalina Prarat
        ul. Zwierzyniecka
        39-400 Tarnobrzeg,
        tel: (15) 823-12-82

        Jerzy i Renata Prarat
        ul. Zamkowa
        39-400 Tarnobrzeg,
        tel: (15) 823-54-41

        Stanislaw Prarat
        ul. Sienkiewicza
        39-400 Tarnobrzeg,
        tel: (15) 823-53-29

        You should contact them and make them eventually interested
        to do further research in Sandomierz archives (read below).

        > Please let me know if the above sounds reasonable, and,
        > if so, how would I find birth data.

        Data are old enough (over 100 years) to be archived at local
        branch of State Archives in Sandomierz
        http://www.archiwa.gov.pl/mapa/index.eng.html

        Archiwum Panstwowe w Kielcach
        Oddzial w Sandomierzu
        27-600 Sandomierz
        ul. �ydowska 4
        tel./fax. /0-15/ 832-25-09
        sandomierz@...

        > P.S. It appears there is a Prarat in the business listing of
        > Tarnobrzeg but I can't make heads or tails of it.

        Be specific, provide source, url, etc

        Good Luck Marek D.

        Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • praratgl@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 23, 2003
          In a message dated 6/23/03 6:15:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
          marek.duszkiewicz@... writes:

          > http://www.ellisisland.org/search/matchMore.asp?LNM=PRARAT&PLNM=PRARAT&
          > kind=exact&offset=0&dwpdone=1

          Hi Marek.

          Your letter had the most info on Prarat's I have come accross yet.
          Thank you much.

          1. I found a Franz Prarat enter Ellis Island in 1902. I have not
          pursued at this time because my Prarat was already in Washington
          state by 1899.

          2. I will probably need a polish translator to write the families
          in Tarnobrzeg that you mentioned. Do you know how I would do
          this.

          3. You asked for the source of the Prarat listing I had. I am
          attaching printout. I am still looking for URL.

          Szkola Podstawowe

          Miasto            : Górna Grupa
          Kod pocztowy      : 86-133
          Osoby kontaktowe  : dyr. mgr Lucyna Prarat
          Nowe województwo  : kujawsko-pomorskie
          Stare województwo : bydgoskie
          Telefon(y)        : (56)25612
          Forma wlasnosci   : komunalna
          Forma prawna      : samorzad terytorialny
          Zatrudnienie      : 4
          Rok zalozenia     : 1946
          NACE (EKD)        : 80.12    Szkoly podstawowe

          It was dumb not to write down source when I had it, I know, but
          I will capture it next time.

          Again, thanks for all your help. Gary Prarat