Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Re: Sudol Regula Tarnsobrzeg

  • jnieradka@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2003
      I know the Regula & Sudol names were familiar, Sudol from my mother's side and Regula from my father's. I finally had a chance to check my database to see what I came up with and was surprised to see even more than I bargained for. My relatives all came from the towns of Stany, Bojanow & Gwozdziec which are all in fairly close proximity. The one thing I found may be connected to what Hedy wrote below as my G-father's 1/2 brother Wawryniec Nieradka had a daughter named Franciska who married a Regul~a. Most of the relatives that came over at least started out in Passaic NJ before moving on. In the US, they had at least 1 son Joseph who had lived in Rutherford NJ. I do not have the father's first name. I received this info from an aunt who has kept some of the family records over the years (she is now 98). There is no information on Ofiara's though. If anyone wants to discuss further please let me know.

      John

      > Subj: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Re: Sudol Regula Tarnsobrzeg
      > Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:23:17 -0000
      > From: "sweetbaby10312 <rgg366@...>" <rgg366@...>
      > To: tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com
      >

      > --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, "brookft <brookft@c...>"
      > <brookft@c...> wrote:
      > > Hello - I just found this group and see posts on the Tarnsobrzeg
      > > area. My grandfather was Stanislaus Regula, born in Rozalin to Any
      > > (no father listed). My grandmother was Marianna Sudol born in
      > > Krzatka. They were married in the cathedral in Majdan and came to
      > > America in the 1900's. I have more information if anyone thinks
      > they
      > > are related. I am trying to find a map of the area TODAY so that
      > we
      > > can plan a trip to the area. We are retired military and our son
      > is
      > > now a Captain stationed in Germany. When we visit we are hoping to
      > > make a side trip to the Tarnsobrzeg area. Thanks for any help!
      > > Elizabeth Dente
      >

      > Dear Elizabeth,
      >
      > My grandma came from Bojanow in the same area your family comes from.
      > Her name was Hedwiga Ofiara. Her cousin Barbara Ofiara came to a
      > Franciska Regula in Passaic New Jersey in 1904. I believe she wrote
      > that it was her Aunt.
      > The name Regula and Sudol are connected somehow to the Ofiara"s.
      > If you look up Ofiara from Bojanow you will see that the
      > names are
      > connected.
      > If you would like to e-mail me personally,
      > maybe we could figure it out.
      >
      > Regards,
      >
      > Hedy Ruggiero
    • Brenda Jacobson
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 4, 2003
        I know there was a Nieradka family in Wallington, NJ....right next to Passaic. I grew up there and went to school with two Nieradka kids in the 70s. Does this help?

        I know the Regula & Sudol names were familiar, Sudol from my mother's side and Regula from my father's. I finally had a chance to check my database to see what I came up with and was surprised to see even more than I bargained for. My relatives all came from the towns of Stany, Bojanow & Gwozdziec which are all in fairly close proximity. The one thing I found may be connected to what Hedy wrote below as my G-father's 1/2 brother Wawryniec Nieradka had a daughter named Franciska who married a Regul~a. Most of the relatives that came over at least started out in Passaic NJ before moving on. In the US, they had at least 1 son Joseph who had lived in Rutherford NJ. I do not have the father's first name. I received this info from an aunt who has kept some of the family records over the years (she is now 98). There is no information on Ofiara's though. If anyone wants to discuss further please let me know.

        John

        > Subj: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Re: Sudol Regula Tarnsobrzeg
        > Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:23:17 -0000
        > From: "sweetbaby10312 <rgg366@...>" <rgg366@...>
        > To: tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com
        >

        > --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, "brookft <brookft@c...>"
        > <brookft@c...> wrote:
        > > Hello - I just found this group and see posts on the Tarnsobrzeg
        > > area. My grandfather was Stanislaus Regula, born in Rozalin to Any
        > > (no father listed). My grandmother was Marianna Sudol born in
        > > Krzatka. They were married in the cathedral in Majdan and came to
        > > America in the 1900's. I have more information if anyone thinks
        > they
        > > are related. I am trying to find a map of the area TODAY so that
        > we
        > > can plan a trip to the area. We are retired military and our son
        > is
        > > now a Captain stationed in Germany. When we visit we are hoping to
        > > make a side trip to the Tarnsobrzeg area. Thanks for any help!
        > > Elizabeth Dente
        >

        > Dear Elizabeth,
        >
        > My grandma came from Bojanow in the same area your family comes from.
        > Her name was Hedwiga Ofiara. Her cousin Barbara Ofiara came to a
        > Franciska Regula in Passaic New Jersey in 1904. I believe she wrote
        > that it was her Aunt.
        > The name Regula and Sudol are connected somehow to the Ofiara"s.
        > If you look up Ofiara from Bojanow you will see that the
        > names are
        > connected.
        > If you would like to e-mail me personally,
        > maybe we could figure it out.
        >
        > Regards,
        >
        > Hedy Ruggiero

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • jnieradka@aol.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2003
          Brenda,

          Thanks but I myself grew up in Wallington so I probably know all the Nieradka's you are thinking of as most are first cousins. There were some that I am not sure of a relation as there were a few Nieradka families in town and I would guess that some of the relations go back a few generations before hitting a match. Those I have not found yet.

          John