Old Jewish cemetery in Tarnobrzeg

  • Gayle Schlissel Riley
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 17, 2003
      I would like to ask the group once again as the readership changes..does
      anyone have a photo of the old Jewish cemetey that was located near the
      present day library?
      On the sthetlink web site on Jewishgen there are both Jewish and
      Catholic records and useful items.
      http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/Tarnobrzeg/

      Thank you Gayle
    • Richard A. Hardesty
      Message 2 of 8 , Feb 17, 2003
        Gayle...this was a wonderful site..thank you for sharing. I think I may have found something...just have to wait for a translation....as always. OBTW are you the lady that sent me an LDS film number for Tarnobrzeg men that served in the Austrian army...I seem to have misplaced my copy...dick hardesty
        I would like to ask the group once again as the readership changes..does
        anyone have a photo of the old Jewish cemetey that was located near the
        present day library?
        On the sthetlink web site on Jewishgen there are both Jewish and
        Catholic records and useful items.
        http://www.shtetlinks.jewishgen.org/Tarnobrzeg/

        Thank you Gayle

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Solomon Schlussel
        Message 3 of 8 , Feb 17, 2003
          Dear Richard,
          My grandfather Raphael Schlussel from Tarnobrzeg served in the army. I
          am wondering if you could find on the LDS film any record.
          With great appreciation,
          Solomon Schlussel
          On Mon, 17 Feb 2003 13:40:32 -0500 "Richard A. Hardesty"
          <rhardest@...> writes:
          > Gayle...this was a wonderful site..thank you for sharing. I think I
          > may have found something...just have to wait for a translation....as
          > always. OBTW are you the lady that sent me an LDS film number for
          > Tarnobrzeg men that served in the Austrian army...I seem to have
          > misplaced my copy...dick hardesty

          Only $9.95 per month!
          Visit www.juno.com
        • Richard A. Hardesty
          Message 4 of 8 , Feb 17, 2003
            Hello Solomon...well, if I can retrieve the proper number, I will order the
            film. I will keep your grandfather in mind and see if he is listed. richard.

            Message 5 of 8 , Feb 18, 2003
              Thank You very much.
              Solomon

            • Elizabeth Dente
              Message 6 of 8 , Feb 23, 2003
                Richard - if you are getting the film on Tarnobrzeg could I also ask you to look for the Sudol's? My soldier in the photo and my uncle Mark Sudol. Thanks!
                Liz, Jerry, Pumpkin, Sweet Pea and Angel
                Brookfort Dachshund (Rescue) Resort
                DRNA in New Jersey
                ...You were never masters, but friends. I was your friend. I loved you well, and was loved. Deep love endures to the end and far past the end. If this is my end, I am not lonely. I am not afraid. I am still yours. (Jeffers)

                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 23, 2003
                  What film? The FHL does not have any Tarnobrzeg mircofilms..so It is another film let me know..gayle

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 24, 2003
                    Someone told me about an LDS film with a listing of Tarnobrzeg men that served in the Austrian army...my wifes grandfather always talked about his days as an Army cook...ergo my interest..dick