Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Wielogora / Smiechowice / Samborzec / Zlota / Busko-Zdroj

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2002
      You have to be aware what diactrical marks are used
      in Your towns and names when You use databases made
      in Poland. For example Polish White Pages
      http://www.ditel.tpsa.pl/
      Wielogo~ra, Zl~ota, Busko-Zdro~j, S~miechowice,
      Zl~ota

      Kozl~owski or Kozl~owska, Ste~pien~, Sta~pur

      Ellis Island is not the best place to learn correct spelling
      of any names. So if You see Malgorsata You think
      MAL~GORZATA. Also instead Kozmierzow should be
      KOC~MIERZO~W.
      In English databases use version without Polish d.marks
      but still with correct spelling for ex. Kocmierzow (not
      Kozmierzow).

      Now go to something which works like multiple genealogical
      search engine and click on <surname search> (but works with
      town name too)
      http://genealog.home.pl/
      and run Your names trough and watch the outcom.

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com