magnate landowners of Polish towns

  • Gayle Schlissel
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 22, 2002
      If there is someone magnate names and towns..I would appreciate you
      share the info you have..Gayle
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 23, 2002
        On Sun, 22 Dec 2002 16:00:29 -0800 Gayle Schlissel <key2pst@...>
        writes:

        > If there is someone magnate names and towns..I would
        > appreciate you share the info you have..

        It is not that simple. They sell towns to each other, they loose
        them due to wars, uprisings, borders change etc.
        You can learn about ownership of specific town studying
        its history. However there is a table of some magnate families
        from XVII and XVIII centuries with their official hometowns
        http://www.nsw.hoga.pl/historia/rody.asp

        Unfinished list( only from A to O) of magnats and military leaders
        from XVI - XVIII centuries
        http://www.historia.okey.pl/magnat.htm

        You may want to look for help on the pages of
        Confederation of the Polish Nobility (in English)
        http://www.szlachta.org/2index.htm

        Only $9.95 per month!
        Visit www.juno.com