Siegenthal und Prinzenthahl

  • ropo52 <Roswitha.Post@ArvinMeritor.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 12, 2002
      The referenced names are former Austrian town names in Galicia, now
      South-Eastern Poland. Does anyone know what the names of these towns
      are in today's Poland???
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
        On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 12:54:04 -0000 "ropo52 writes:

        > The referenced names are former Austrian town names in
        > Galicia, now South-Eastern Poland. Does anyone know
        > what the names of these towns are in today's Poland???

        By compiling pieces of info from a couple of websites
        You can conclude that Siegenthal was also known as
        Berehy Dolne and now is called Brzegi Dolne. Indeed
        it was village of German colonist who came there on the
        end of XVIII century. After WWII until 1951 the village
        as well whole region including Ustrzyki Dolne was under
        Soviet administration and then returned to Poland but
        habitants were moved to Soviet Union and replaced
        by people from Sokol region.
        Similar history has Bandrow Narodowy, another village
        where You could find back then German colonists.

        I was not able to positively identify Prinzenthahl but it
        could be one of the towns shown on this map among
        Brzegi Dolne and Bandrow Narodowy;
        http://www.turbaza.pl/mapa/index.php?level_id=4&picture_id=1183

        You can try to write to editor of yearbook "Bieszczady"
        for further assistance

        Redakcja rocznika "Bieszczady"
        ul. Witolda Gombrowicza 39/26
        38-700 Ustrzyki Dolne
        POLAND
        tel. (+48 13) 471 12 86
        szczerbicki@...
        Andrzej Szczerbicki-chief editor

        Good Luck Marek D.

        Only $9.95 per month!
        Visit www.juno.com
      • amswiergul@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
          In a message dated 12/13/02 1:10:36 AM Central Standard Time,
          marek.duszkiewicz@... writes:

          > Prinzenthahl

          Not Prinzenthahl but Prinzenthal most likely refers to Wilczak Wielki .
          Ania:)

        • TimberlandRtrvrs@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
            Hello, I was just wondering if I had written to you before. My
            greatgrandfather was a Swiergul. Lorrie Ryczek
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 13, 2002
              On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 09:16:31 EST amswiergul@... writes:

              > In a message dated 12/13/02 1:10:36 AM Central Standard Time,
              > marek.duszkiewicz@... writes:
              >
              > > Prinzenthahl
              >
              > Not Prinzenthahl but Prinzenthal most likely refers to Wilczak
              > Wielki .
              > Ania:)

              Yes, but it is not in Galicja and never belonged to Austria.
              I found in the net such statement:

              "Thus on Wednesday, November 29, 1865, in the town
              of Prinzenthal, known to the Poles as Wilczak Wielki,
              in an eastern district of the province of Posen called
              Bromberg ..."
              Because of the location this Prinzenthal seems irrelevant
              to original search.