Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] my grandmother

  • t.congdon@worldnet.att.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 12, 2002
      HI Monica,

      I failed to note that this is your grandmother. I am sorry for my error.
      You are fortunate to have this much information for her. Now it is a matter
      of finding the village. If you join the list Galicia-subscribe @...
      there are peole there who can figure out the correct name of the village and
      its location and whether or not there are LDS microfilm records for the
      churches there, etc.

      Theresa
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 12, 2002
        Hi Monica,

        I did another search on the name "Paduch" and there is the possiblity that
        your grandmother had a brother named Stanislaw Paduch who arrived on October
        19, 1909 on the Kaiser Wilhelm II. He was from Siedieszany (the name of the
        village is much easier to read on his record in the manifest) and the person
        he left in Galicia was Franciszka Paluch, his mother. I did not find a
        Ludwig Paduch in my search. No one by that name or L Paduch was listed in
        the database seach.

        Theresa
        > Is anyone familiar with the last name of Paduch? I'm sure it was somehow
        changed when she arrived in the US. She came here in 1912 and supposedly
        landed in Newark, New Jersey or East Orange, New Jersey. Her name was
        Antoinette Paduch but I think that first name also is the American version.
        I couldn't seem to find her when I went to Ellis Island either. Can anyone
        help????????????

        > Thanks!!
        >
        > Monica

        > Sign in to Yahoo http://edit.yahoo.com/config/
        > to have access to our archives
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tarnobrzeg-gen

      • Monica Whittenberger
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 12, 2002
          Thanks so much for your information. My grandmother did have a brother named Stanislaw but we thought they came together. Her mother's name was Frances, at least that is what the obituary said it was. Where did you find out the info about who they left behind and about her brother that was already over here?

          Thanks!

          Monica

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 13, 2002
            On Sat, 12 Oct 2002 09:16:42 -0400 <t.congdon@...> writes:

            > I did another search on the name "Paduch" and there is the
            > possiblity that
            > your grandmother had a brother named Stanislaw Paduch who arrived on
            > October
            > 19, 1909 on the Kaiser Wilhelm II. He was from Siedieszany (the
            > name of the
            > village is much easier to read on his record in the manifest)

            Correct village name is SIEDLESZCZANY. Nearest church
            is
            Kosci´┐Żl p.w. sw. Marii Magdaleny
            39-400 Tarnobrzeg,
            ul. Mickiewicza 93,
            tel. (015) 822 76 07
            mailto:miechocin@...

            From Tarnobrzeg phone book:

            1.
            Ewa Paduch
            al. Niepodleglosci
            39-400 Tarnobrzeg,
            tel: (48-15) 822-27-54

            2.
            Jan Paduch
            ul. Boleslawa Prusa
            39-400 Tarnobrzeg,
            tel: (48-15) 822-39-32

            Agnieszka Paduch mailto:paduch@... almost
            2 years ago stated in some Tarnobrzeg's guest book that
            she is originally from Tarnobrzeg but lives now in Lexington, Kentucky

            GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
            http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.
          • Debbie Stelmach
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 13, 2002
              The ship records collected various types of information. They usually show
              the name and place of a relative or friend in the US and a contact person in
              the old country. You can see the info on the Ellis Island website after
              doing a search on Antonina Paduch and selecting the person who arrived in
              1912. An image of the ship record (2 pages) can be viewed there.

              Debbie

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 13, 2002
                Hi Monica,

                The information is on the ships manifest list for each person. I used
                Stephen Morse's search tool now at http://www.avotaynu.com/ellis.html

                I put in "A Paduch" for your grandmother, female, arrived between 1910 to
                1916 and went through the names. She is listed as Antonina, I believe.

                I plugged in Paduch, no first initial, and male, like 1900 to 1912 and found
                her brother, Stanislaw, was from the same village.

                Then you are taken to the Ellis Island Records Database where you follow the
                instructions to see the ships manifest for that particular person. All the
                information I told you is right there for each individual. I did not find a
                Ludwig Paduch however.

                Now it is important for you to find out if the village they were from has
                had records microfilmed through the LDS Family History Center. Please
                contact the Galicia list I referred you to. The people on that list will
                help you further, especially Laurence Krupnak, the list moderator.

                Theresa

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 13, 2002
                  Hi Monica,

                  Looks like Marek has given you much needed information as well as Debbie.
                  You can write directly to the church at the address Marek gave you. The
                  letter should be in Polish. There is a letter writing guide at
                  http://www.pgsa.org/letter_eng.htm or go to http://www.pgsa.org and go to
                  the Resource Area to get to this spot. The letter writing guide is very
                  helpful.

                  theresa

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 14, 2002
                    On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 06:46:01 -0400 <t.congdon@...> writes:

                    > Now it is important for you to find out if the village they were
                    > from has had records microfilmed through the LDS Family
                    > History Center. Please contact the Galicia list I referred you
                    < to.

                    As many Tarmobrzeg's researchers already realized-
                    Tarnobrzeg region church vital records unfortunately never
                    were allowed to be microfilmed by LDS (Mormons). Therefore
                    Siedleszczany/Miechocin records are not there either.

                    Everybody can check it anyway on original Mormons website