1779Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Re: Sadrakulas in Kansas City, KS

  • fredsadrak
    Jul 12, 2014

      Christine,  Researching the Sadrakula surname continues for me.  Back in 2013 I posted info about an Andrew and Francis Sadrakula.  They had a son, John, who changed his name to Johnny Sadrack.  Johnny had his own Polish band and was very popular in Detroit.  Perhaps this is the Sadrakula, your father knew in Detroit.  In May I attended a family gathering of Sadrakulas in Bedford, NY.  A couple of people knew of Johnny and his sister, Julia, who, as I previously reported, became a nun.

      April was a particular happy month for me, as I made my first trip to Tarnobrzeg.  I visited every town or village between Jaslany and Sandomierz, plus Gorzyce.  Gorzyce yielded two important records, the marriage record of my great uncle Joseph to Josephine Stala and the birth record of their son, Venceslas.  These two records enabled me to prove that I am related to a whole bunch of Sadrakulas in France.

      Hope all is well with you.

      Fred

    • Show all 26 messages in this topic