1771Intrduction: Brotman ancestors

  • Amy B Cohen
    Nov 29, 2013
      Hi,

      I have just joined the group.  I am researching my ancestors from Galicia.  I am not sure what town they are from, but one record indicates that they were from Jeekief, which seems to be the phonetic equivalent of Dzikow.  I don't know whether it is the one in Tarnobrzeg or Dzikow Stary, and I have not been able to find any leads or documents to help me.

      My family is Jewish. My family's name was Brotman or Brodmann.  My great-grandmother came to the US in 1890 with two children; her name was Pessel, and thie children were Chaim and Tema.  My great-grandfather came to the US in 1888; his name was Joseph Brotman.  His parents' names were Abraham and Yetta.  My great-grandmother's parents' names were Gittel Broat and Joseph Brotman (my great-grandparents were cousins).

      If anyone can help me find my ancestors or has any suggestions for how I can find something or someone to assist me, I would greatly appreciate it.  I have no idea how to go about researching the records in Poland.  I have tried JewishGen.com, but have had no luck finding any Brotmans in either Dzikow.

      Thank you,
      Amy

      Amy