1756Zamojre family and relatives

  • marek d
    Jul 28, 2013
      --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, emil safier <emil535@...> wrote:

      > Thank you so much for this very helpful note. I will post some of my
      > findings later after I have had a chance to absorb some of this material.
      >
      > Emil Safier

      Emil,

      In the meantime I was able to find and save some findings about Your family in Polish including copy of school certificate signed by Your grandfather Samuel, photo of Pinek Safier as finalist of Tarnobrzeg's championship in table tennis from year 1935, local paper interview
      with Your aunt Izabela Zamojre-Gillon who coming from USA visited Tarnobrzeg in 1991, excerpt from "Tarnobrzeski slownik bigraficzny" by Tadeusz Zych with Your grandfather Samuel biography and other stuff.

      There is serious contradiction among already collected piece of info regarding the way and date of Your grandfather death. You and most info findable on Internet says Your grandfather died in expelling process in October 1939 during crossing San river near Radomysl n/Sanem. Above mentioned "Tarnobrzeski Slownik biograficzny" but also
      Samuel's daughter and Your aunt Izabela says Samuel died on May 28th, 1939 and therefore before the WWII even started, by natural causes. I wonder how come You did not learn that directly from Izabela, who had been living in USA like You.

      With Regards Marek D.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic