1755Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Introducing myself: Parents grew up in Tarnobrze g

  • emil safier
    Jul 25, 2013
      Thank you so much for this very helpful note. I will post some of my
      findings later after I have had a chance to absorb some of this material.

      Emil Safier

      On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 8:12 AM, Marek Duszkiewicz <
      marek.duszkiewicz@...> wrote:

      > Hi Emil,
      >
      > You are very welcomed on this List.
      > For the records. Story of Samuel Zamojre in Polish is easily findable on
      > the net. Just put >Zamojre Tarnobrzeg< into Google
      > windows. Beside there are at least 2 works in Polish You should know they
      > exist if You really want to know about Samuel
      >
      > �Zostal im tylko tobolek. Historia tarnobrzeskich Zyd�w w oczach dzieci�
      > by students: Wanda Szmuc, Weronika Golinska, Julia Karcz i Izabela Pyszczek
      > [available in PDF format to
      > download from the net]
      >
      > Tarnobrzeg. Szkice z dziej�w miasta i jego obywateli
      > (Tarnobrzeg.Sketches from the history of the city and its citizens) By
      > Adam F. Baran (pages 89-90 also about Samuel Zamojre)[excerpts from the
      > book also findable on the net
      > as well contact with the author possible]
      >
      > Since You visited Tarnobrzeg last time many things were changed. Many
      > resources are available that nobody couldn't even think of they will be
      > ever possible like Tarnobrzeg Digital Library
      >
      > http://tbc.tarnobrzeg.pl/dlibra
      >
      > or Podkarpacka Digital library
      > http://www.pbc.rzeszow.pl/
      >
      > You can search there in English for Polish documents.
      >
      > As correction to Your message. Samuel was expelled to Radomysl nad Sanem
      > which is not in Russia but in Poland as of today. Poland was divided since
      > 1939 at that time between two ocupants: Soviets and Germans. Radomysl was
      > under Soviet occupation until war between Germany and Soviet Russia. Sound
      > higly unlikely that Your relatives were given by Russian choice about their
      > fate !!!! Rather Germans would do that but never Russians. Could prove Your
      > relatives were given choice?
      >
      > Good Luck
      > Marek D.

      *