1754Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] Introducing myself: Parents grew up in Tarnobrze g

    Jul 25, 2013
      Hi Emil,

      You are very welcomed on this List.
      For the records. Story of Samuel Zamojre in Polish is easily findable on the net. Just put >Zamojre Tarnobrzeg< into Google
      windows. Beside there are at least 2 works in Polish You should know they exist if You really want to know about Samuel

      “Zostal im tylko tobolek. Historia tarnobrzeskich Zydów w oczach dzieci” by students: Wanda Szmuc, Weronika Golinska, Julia Karcz i Izabela Pyszczek [available in PDF format to
      download from the net]

      Tarnobrzeg. Szkice z dziejów miasta i jego obywateli
      (Tarnobrzeg.Sketches from the history of the city and its citizens) By Adam F. Baran (pages 89-90 also about Samuel Zamojre)[excerpts from the book also findable on the net
      as well contact with the author possible]

      Since You visited Tarnobrzeg last time many things were changed. Many resources are available that nobody couldn't even think of they will be ever possible like Tarnobrzeg Digital Library

      http://tbc.tarnobrzeg.pl/dlibra

      or Podkarpacka Digital library
      http://www.pbc.rzeszow.pl/

      You can search there in English for Polish documents.

      As correction to Your message. Samuel was expelled to Radomysl nad Sanem which is not in Russia but in Poland as of today. Poland was divided since 1939 at that time between two ocupants: Soviets and Germans. Radomysl was under Soviet occupation until war between Germany and Soviet Russia. Sound higly unlikely that Your relatives were given by Russian choice about their fate !!!! Rather Germans would do that but never Russians. Could prove Your relatives were given choice?