1635Re: Seeking Info On My Ancestors - Steinhardt

  • beithakfar
    Jun 7, 2008
      --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, "calvin rosell"
      <doodlester@...> wrote:

      > Hi, Both my mother's parents were born in Tarnobrzeg. The family
      > names are Steinhardt and Laufer. Any info or old photos, etc. would
      > be of great interest.
      > Thank you, Neil Rosen

      I have just signed in to this group and would like to thank the
      monitors for accepting me in, and to salute all the other co-members.
      I have also made a first search and found this inquire by Neil Rosen.
      I hope that he is still reading the messages.
      My grandfather HERMAN STEINHARDT, aka Hersz Mendel Beer Berl, was born
      in Tarnobrzeg in 1876.
      I found this information only recently, because my late father was
      born in nearby Rozwadow and I was under the impression that Herman was
      also born there.
      Herman had a sister by the name of Sarah Steinhardt who also declared
      to have been born in Rozwadow. So I don't know the reason why Herman
      was born in Tarnobrzeg.
      Having done some research I have found a Herman Beer Steinhardt, born
      in 1877, in the 1880 census of Tarnobrzeg. But the names of the rest
      of the residents of the household do not ring a bell.
      While doing this research I was instrumental in identifying the
      relatives of two other persons.
      So if Neil Rosen would accept to exchange notes with the me, maybe we
      could find some connections.

      Thank you
      Inacio

      Inacio Steinhardr