1603Hi! I am a new member!

  • britneyhawk
    Feb 3, 2008
      Hello Everyone

      My name is Britney Hawk and I am a new member to the group. I have
      been researching my family history for about 7 years and I am
      currently working on my great-grandmother's side of the family. From a
      recently discovered Baptismal record, I found that she was from the
      Tarnobrzeg area. Here is what I know:

      Name: Zofia (aka Sophia, Sophie) Obara - Married name: Cieszynski
      Born: 2-22-1885 in Durdy, Galacia
      Died: 3-23-1978 in Milwaukee, WI
      Immigrated: 3-24-1905 through Ellis Island
      Parents: John (Joannes)Obara and Katherine Durda

      According to Baptismal records, (which were in Latin) her Godparents
      were Josephus Durda and Agatha Durda. The midwife who delivered her
      was listed as Marianne Obara. She was baptized in the parish of Wola
      Baranowska, in the district of Tarnobrzeg, in the subdiocese of
      Mielec, in the Diocese of Tarnow.

      Also, I think I may have found a sister who also immigrated to the
      United States. Her name is Justyna. She arrived in the US on 5-24-1911
      through Ellis Island, at the age of 21 years. Her place of origin was
      Durdy, Galacia.

      If any of you have any suggestions on where I can go from here or
      think that you may be related in some way, I would greatly appreciate
      any help that I can get.

      Thank you!
      Britney Hawk
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic