1536Re: 1880 Census

  • Martin_Kleiner
    Oct 2 2:16 PM
      I found the records of my Great Grandfather on the 1880 census under
      a general search at http://www.jewishgen.org/JRI-PL/. You have to
      register your name, but it is free to do so.

      I did not find a source for just the 1880 census. I plugged in the
      name in the search engine and it came back with all of the places
      that the name was located.

      I don't know if this is a source for Jews and nonJews. I found a lot
      of information on my grandfather in the Italian genealogy site and we
      are not Italian. So, maybe some one else knows.

      --- In tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com, James Nowak <jms_nowak@...>
      wrote:

      > Greetings. Several of you have discussed an 1880 census of
      Tarnobrzeg and surrounding area and that has intrigued me. How did
      you go about getting it on-line? I couldn't seem to find it. How big
      is the area that the census covers? My family comes from a collection
      of little villages closer to Baranow, about 8 miles south of
      Tarnobrzeg. If I could find some census records for this area, it
      would be a wealth of information for me regarding my family. Is 1880
      the only year that has such records?