      From: tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Tom
      Sent: Saturday, July 08, 2006 3:00 PM
      To: tarnobrzeg-gen@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [tarnobrzeg-gen] something to talk about

      From Serfdom to Self-Government: Memoirs of a Polish Village Mayor,
      1842-1927, translated from the Polish by William John Rose, Ph.D., with
      Introduction by Stanislaw Kot, Ph.D., Minerva Publishing Co. Ltd, 36
      Great Russell Street, London, W.C. 1. , first published May 1941, 274 pages.

      The author is Jan Slomka, but his name does not appear on the title page.

      There is no ISBN number, and the book has probably been out of print for
      many years.

      I got my copy from a used books dealer, AbeBooks of London ($43.58).
      Also, Anthony C. Hall of Twickenham had it in its catalog not that many
      years ago.

      I do have a photocopy of the book that you would be welcome to.

      I also have some church records for the Duma and Wilk families from
      Tarnobrzeg that settled in Kansas City, Kansas. I can provide copies.

      Tom Sajwaj, Chattanooga, TN
      Researching Sajwaj, Ordyk, Gronek, Wiacek, Michalski, and Sudol families
      from the greater Tarnobrzeg area

      <mailto:janbirkner%40charter.net> wrote:
      > --Dear Geyle,
      > >
      > > I was so happy to see you in the chat room. Sorry i was late, had a
      > storm!
      > > I would really hate to see this list disappear! I haven't found all
      > of my
      > > Tarnobrzeg people yet! Mine were from all around that area. Jeziorko,
      > > Grebow, Mielec. I am especially interested right now in my mother's
      > > grandfather, Mateusz ZIOBERSKI. Apparently he left that area, and
      > ended up
      > > in Zgoda Lubelskie, where he became a shoemaker, and married his boss's
      > > daughter! His father was named Tomas, and he had a sister, but nobody
      > > seems ot remember her name, only that she moved away. Mateusz left the
      > > area because he didn't want to go into the army. My grandmother was
      > born
      > > in Zgoda Lubelskie in about 1895 or 1896. We have no birth record of
      > her.
      > > She died when my mother was born, and my grandfather said he thought
      > she
      > > was about 2 5. Her ship manifest said she was 17 years old when she
      > > arrived in the US, which was in 1912 or 1914. Can't access the program
      > > right now, but will get it all together, and send it
      > > on. Who knows, maybe there is a cousin here for me!
      > >
      > > I have written to the man at Trees.pl, about our October anniversary
      > > celebration at genealogyforum.org, and he has agreed to do a talk
      > for us.
      > > He asked that I send him a list of questions that our chatters (or
      > anyone
      > > else!) might have about research in Poland. They have access to many
      > > different places for information!
      > >
      > > So, there is something for everyone to work on...ZIOBERSKI Any takers?
      > >
      > > Also ithe Tarnobrzeg area I have
      > > RUDOLF
      > > RUTYNA
      > > MARSALEK
      > > ZAJAC
      > > DUMA
      > > Janeczko
      > > WILK
      > >
      > > I have a few records on some of them. They are church pages, and have a
      > > LOT of names on them! I will try to make a list of the names on the
      > > records that I have. Maybe there will be something that is needed by
      > > someon on this list!
      > >
      > > Jan
      > > Jan Birkner
      > > LIVE, FREE Genealogy Help