Skip to search.

Re: Tarantulas Drinking

  • dotty_n_spotty
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 6, 2000
      Hi there, <br>All tarantulas need water to
      live.....some aboreal types get water from droplets on leavels
      but the terrestrial types need a shallow dish filled
      with water.....occaisionally you will see your
      tarantula with its head partly submerged and most of its
      legs in the dish...when i first saw this it quite
      alarmed me "my god...its drowning itself" DO NOT BE
      ALARMED....this is how your tarantula drinks!!!!<br><br>Have fun,
      GOOD LUCK~~!!!
    • dotty_n_spotty
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1, 2000
        welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      • owl_lover_2001
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 12, 2000
          Thank you very much!!!
        • crazyangles_2000
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 30, 2000
            Hi all. I'm new to the whole tarantula thing. I'm hinkingof getting some docile tarantulas. What do you recommed? Any info wil be greatly appreciated.
          • dotty_n_spotty
            Message 5 of 19 , Dec 3 2:41 PM
              personally (im a little bias) i think that
              grammastola rosea (rosehair, chilean rose, rosey) are the
              BEST first spider...they are docile and will not bite
              (except for extreme circumstances) Otherwise the Mexican
              Red Knee (FEMALES) are good..a little more
              flighty...but still fairly docile, both of these spiders get
              4-6" in size and generally i lean toward suggesting
              females for first spiders because they tend to live a lot
              longer and they are less irratable, less flighty, and
              much less stressful to keep in your
              hand....;)<br><br>If you have anymore questions feel free to
              ask!!!<br><br>~tina
            • crazyangles_2000
              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 6 10:06 PM
                Hi Everyone. Well I got my Guyana Pink Toe and
                Red knee earlier today. I'm very happy with them.
                They both ate 2 crickets each. Not bad. I figure,
                after being shipped around. I have a few questions; Is
                it possible to overfeed a tarantula? Do they ever
                regurgitate their food? <br><br>-Angel
              • warlock629
                Message 7 of 19 , May 7, 2001
                  Is it possible for one to start out with a Cobalt Blue Tarantula as a first pet?
                • junglekid2001
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 19, 2001
                    i just join the club and also bought myfirst
                    tarantula las wednesday, is a rose hair (soposli) 2 inlong,
                    at the bigining it won't eat but rightnow is like
                    imagen is that ok it eats 2 or 3 clikets daily o well my
                    e-mail is junglekid2001@... or in the messenger
                    just junglekid2001 i accept info on rose hairs coments
                    or anithing thx later
                  • jedi_firefly
                    Message 9 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
                      One could certianly start with a Cobalt Blue (H.
                      lividum)...but it would be a terrible choice. They are very,
                      very, very fast...very skittish...and there are stories
                      that they are able to bite several times before the
                      victim realizes what's happened. As far as my experience
                      with these guys...they are good display spiders, but
                      you have to be really careful with them...they freak
                      out over very little...If you're looking for
                      something nice looking to start with...you may consider B.
                      vagans. They're pretty and fairly easy to take care of.
                      Good first spiders...just watch out for the hair
                      kicking...good luck.
                    • jedi_firefly
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
                        I agree with you tina... G. rosea are great...but
                        if someone has a bit more money to spend a
                        Grammostola pulchra (Brazilian Black) are incredible spiders.
                        They are great beginning spiders. However, they are
                        pretty pricy spiders too.
                      • jedi_firefly
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
                          Hi, i just joined and took the liberty of adding
                          some new stuff to the site. I posted some pics in the
                          album...and went ahead and added some links. The links are
                          for people i have done business with and who treated
                          me well. That isn't to say that they are the
                          cheapest...but getting a cheap spider from someone who's a jerk
                          when you ask them a question about it doesn't seem
                          worth the money you save. Take a look at the
                          sites...they have lots of info and pics.<br>Enjoy!
                        • chieflittlebird
                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
                            I just bought a Velvet Rosehair & can not find any info. what relation is it to the Chilean Rosehair? Can anybody help?
                          • junglekid2001
                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
                              can some one help on sexing my tarantula, o have a rose heir 2 in long and also when ot will my a mature one <br><br>junglekid2001@... thx
                            • jedi_firefly
                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 29, 2001
                                Do you have a scientific name?<br>My suspicion is
                                that that they are the same spider. There are several
                                "common" names given to this spider...and things only get
                                more confusing when you find that there are also
                                several scientific names that have been used for it
                                too.<br>G. spathulata, G. cala (supposed red morph), G.
                                rosea, are some of the scientific names.<br>My advice
                                would be to take a look at some of the online pictures
                                of Rosehairs and see if it looks the same. If it
                                does then go ahead and take care of it the same way
                                you would a Rosie. <br>Good luck...and in the future
                                make sure to ask for a scientific name.
                              • gwarskunk
                                Message 15 of 19 , Sep 25, 2001
                                  Hello! I'm new here, as you can see. <br>I'm thinking of buying a Cobalt Blue. Are they really as mean and nasty as most web sites say they are?
                                • the_mission2002
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Dec 8 10:33 AM
                                    hi i need to find somebody who knows about this type of spider as i have two of them i know they can be aggressive but my two seem ok and have even jumped onto my hand but i know little about them