Welcome to Members

  • dotty_n_spotty
    Message 1 of 19 , Jul 2 4:27 PM
      PLEASE JOIN THE CLUB!!!
    • vulpixtrainer2000
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 29 3:01 PM
        Can Tarantulas drink water? How are they given water in captivity?
      • dotty_n_spotty
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 6, 2000
          Hi there, <br>All tarantulas need water to
          live.....some aboreal types get water from droplets on leavels
          but the terrestrial types need a shallow dish filled
          with water.....occaisionally you will see your
          tarantula with its head partly submerged and most of its
          legs in the dish...when i first saw this it quite
          alarmed me "my god...its drowning itself" DO NOT BE
          ALARMED....this is how your tarantula drinks!!!!<br><br>Have fun,
          GOOD LUCK~~!!!
        • dotty_n_spotty
          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 1, 2000
            welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          • owl_lover_2001
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 12, 2000
              Thank you very much!!!
            • crazyangles_2000
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 30, 2000
                Hi all. I'm new to the whole tarantula thing. I'm hinkingof getting some docile tarantulas. What do you recommed? Any info wil be greatly appreciated.
              • dotty_n_spotty
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 3, 2000
                  personally (im a little bias) i think that
                  grammastola rosea (rosehair, chilean rose, rosey) are the
                  BEST first spider...they are docile and will not bite
                  (except for extreme circumstances) Otherwise the Mexican
                  Red Knee (FEMALES) are good..a little more
                  flighty...but still fairly docile, both of these spiders get
                  4-6" in size and generally i lean toward suggesting
                  females for first spiders because they tend to live a lot
                  longer and they are less irratable, less flighty, and
                  much less stressful to keep in your
                  hand....;)<br><br>If you have anymore questions feel free to
                  ask!!!<br><br>~tina
                • crazyangles_2000
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 6, 2000
                    Hi Everyone. Well I got my Guyana Pink Toe and
                    Red knee earlier today. I'm very happy with them.
                    They both ate 2 crickets each. Not bad. I figure,
                    after being shipped around. I have a few questions; Is
                    it possible to overfeed a tarantula? Do they ever
                    regurgitate their food? <br><br>-Angel
                  • warlock629
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 7, 2001
                      Is it possible for one to start out with a Cobalt Blue Tarantula as a first pet?
                    • junglekid2001
                      Message 10 of 19 , Aug 19, 2001
                        i just join the club and also bought myfirst
                        tarantula las wednesday, is a rose hair (soposli) 2 inlong,
                        at the bigining it won't eat but rightnow is like
                        imagen is that ok it eats 2 or 3 clikets daily o well my
                        e-mail is junglekid2001@... or in the messenger
                        just junglekid2001 i accept info on rose hairs coments
                        or anithing thx later
                      • jedi_firefly
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
                          One could certianly start with a Cobalt Blue (H.
                          lividum)...but it would be a terrible choice. They are very,
                          very, very fast...very skittish...and there are stories
                          that they are able to bite several times before the
                          victim realizes what's happened. As far as my experience
                          with these guys...they are good display spiders, but
                          you have to be really careful with them...they freak
                          out over very little...If you're looking for
                          something nice looking to start with...you may consider B.
                          vagans. They're pretty and fairly easy to take care of.
                          Good first spiders...just watch out for the hair
                          kicking...good luck.
                        • jedi_firefly
                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
                            I agree with you tina... G. rosea are great...but
                            if someone has a bit more money to spend a
                            Grammostola pulchra (Brazilian Black) are incredible spiders.
                            They are great beginning spiders. However, they are
                            pretty pricy spiders too.
                          • jedi_firefly
                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
                              Hi, i just joined and took the liberty of adding
                              some new stuff to the site. I posted some pics in the
                              album...and went ahead and added some links. The links are
                              for people i have done business with and who treated
                              me well. That isn't to say that they are the
                              cheapest...but getting a cheap spider from someone who's a jerk
                              when you ask them a question about it doesn't seem
                              worth the money you save. Take a look at the
                              sites...they have lots of info and pics.<br>Enjoy!
                            • chieflittlebird
                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
                                I just bought a Velvet Rosehair & can not find any info. what relation is it to the Chilean Rosehair? Can anybody help?
                              • junglekid2001
                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
                                  can some one help on sexing my tarantula, o have a rose heir 2 in long and also when ot will my a mature one <br><br>junglekid2001@... thx
                                • jedi_firefly
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 29, 2001
                                    Do you have a scientific name?<br>My suspicion is
                                    that that they are the same spider. There are several
                                    "common" names given to this spider...and things only get
                                    more confusing when you find that there are also
                                    several scientific names that have been used for it
                                    too.<br>G. spathulata, G. cala (supposed red morph), G.
                                    rosea, are some of the scientific names.<br>My advice
                                    would be to take a look at some of the online pictures
                                    of Rosehairs and see if it looks the same. If it
                                    does then go ahead and take care of it the same way
                                    you would a Rosie. <br>Good luck...and in the future
                                    make sure to ask for a scientific name.
                                  • gwarskunk
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Sep 25, 2001
                                      Hello! I'm new here, as you can see. <br>I'm thinking of buying a Cobalt Blue. Are they really as mean and nasty as most web sites say they are?
                                    • the_mission2002
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Dec 8, 2001
                                        hi i need to find somebody who knows about this type of spider as i have two of them i know they can be aggressive but my two seem ok and have even jumped onto my hand but i know little about them