hi

  • junglekid2001
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 19, 2001
      i just join the club and also bought myfirst
      tarantula las wednesday, is a rose hair (soposli) 2 inlong,
      at the bigining it won't eat but rightnow is like
      imagen is that ok it eats 2 or 3 clikets daily o well my
      e-mail is junglekid2001@... or in the messenger
      just junglekid2001 i accept info on rose hairs coments
      or anithing thx later
    • jedi_firefly
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
        One could certianly start with a Cobalt Blue (H.
        lividum)...but it would be a terrible choice. They are very,
        very, very fast...very skittish...and there are stories
        that they are able to bite several times before the
        victim realizes what's happened. As far as my experience
        with these guys...they are good display spiders, but
        you have to be really careful with them...they freak
        out over very little...If you're looking for
        something nice looking to start with...you may consider B.
        vagans. They're pretty and fairly easy to take care of.
        Good first spiders...just watch out for the hair
        kicking...good luck.
      • jedi_firefly
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
          I agree with you tina... G. rosea are great...but
          if someone has a bit more money to spend a
          Grammostola pulchra (Brazilian Black) are incredible spiders.
          They are great beginning spiders. However, they are
          pretty pricy spiders too.
        • jedi_firefly
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
            Hi, i just joined and took the liberty of adding
            some new stuff to the site. I posted some pics in the
            album...and went ahead and added some links. The links are
            for people i have done business with and who treated
            me well. That isn't to say that they are the
            cheapest...but getting a cheap spider from someone who's a jerk
            when you ask them a question about it doesn't seem
            worth the money you save. Take a look at the
            sites...they have lots of info and pics.<br>Enjoy!
          • chieflittlebird
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
              I just bought a Velvet Rosehair & can not find any info. what relation is it to the Chilean Rosehair? Can anybody help?
            • junglekid2001
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
                can some one help on sexing my tarantula, o have a rose heir 2 in long and also when ot will my a mature one <br><br>junglekid2001@... thx
              • jedi_firefly
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 29, 2001
                  Do you have a scientific name?<br>My suspicion is
                  that that they are the same spider. There are several
                  "common" names given to this spider...and things only get
                  more confusing when you find that there are also
                  several scientific names that have been used for it
                  too.<br>G. spathulata, G. cala (supposed red morph), G.
                  rosea, are some of the scientific names.<br>My advice
                  would be to take a look at some of the online pictures
                  of Rosehairs and see if it looks the same. If it
                  does then go ahead and take care of it the same way
                  you would a Rosie. <br>Good luck...and in the future
                  make sure to ask for a scientific name.
                • gwarskunk
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 25, 2001
                    Hello! I'm new here, as you can see. <br>I'm thinking of buying a Cobalt Blue. Are they really as mean and nasty as most web sites say they are?
                  • the_mission2002
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 8, 2001
                      hi i need to find somebody who knows about this type of spider as i have two of them i know they can be aggressive but my two seem ok and have even jumped onto my hand but i know little about them