Cobalt Blue

  • warlock629
    Message 1 of 19 , May 7, 2001
      Is it possible for one to start out with a Cobalt Blue Tarantula as a first pet?
    • junglekid2001
      Message 2 of 19 , Aug 19, 2001
        i just join the club and also bought myfirst
        tarantula las wednesday, is a rose hair (soposli) 2 inlong,
        at the bigining it won't eat but rightnow is like
        imagen is that ok it eats 2 or 3 clikets daily o well my
        e-mail is junglekid2001@... or in the messenger
        just junglekid2001 i accept info on rose hairs coments
        or anithing thx later
      • jedi_firefly
        Message 3 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
          One could certianly start with a Cobalt Blue (H.
          lividum)...but it would be a terrible choice. They are very,
          very, very fast...very skittish...and there are stories
          that they are able to bite several times before the
          victim realizes what's happened. As far as my experience
          with these guys...they are good display spiders, but
          you have to be really careful with them...they freak
          out over very little...If you're looking for
          something nice looking to start with...you may consider B.
          vagans. They're pretty and fairly easy to take care of.
          Good first spiders...just watch out for the hair
          kicking...good luck.
        • jedi_firefly
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
            I agree with you tina... G. rosea are great...but
            if someone has a bit more money to spend a
            Grammostola pulchra (Brazilian Black) are incredible spiders.
            They are great beginning spiders. However, they are
            pretty pricy spiders too.
          • jedi_firefly
            Message 5 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
              Hi, i just joined and took the liberty of adding
              some new stuff to the site. I posted some pics in the
              album...and went ahead and added some links. The links are
              for people i have done business with and who treated
              me well. That isn't to say that they are the
              cheapest...but getting a cheap spider from someone who's a jerk
              when you ask them a question about it doesn't seem
              worth the money you save. Take a look at the
              sites...they have lots of info and pics.<br>Enjoy!
            • chieflittlebird
              Message 6 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
                I just bought a Velvet Rosehair & can not find any info. what relation is it to the Chilean Rosehair? Can anybody help?
              • junglekid2001
                Message 7 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
                  can some one help on sexing my tarantula, o have a rose heir 2 in long and also when ot will my a mature one <br><br>junglekid2001@... thx
                • jedi_firefly
                  Message 8 of 19 , Aug 29, 2001
                    Do you have a scientific name?<br>My suspicion is
                    that that they are the same spider. There are several
                    "common" names given to this spider...and things only get
                    more confusing when you find that there are also
                    several scientific names that have been used for it
                    too.<br>G. spathulata, G. cala (supposed red morph), G.
                    rosea, are some of the scientific names.<br>My advice
                    would be to take a look at some of the online pictures
                    of Rosehairs and see if it looks the same. If it
                    does then go ahead and take care of it the same way
                    you would a Rosie. <br>Good luck...and in the future
                    make sure to ask for a scientific name.
                  • gwarskunk
                    Message 9 of 19 , Sep 25, 2001
                      Hello! I'm new here, as you can see. <br>I'm thinking of buying a Cobalt Blue. Are they really as mean and nasty as most web sites say they are?
                    • the_mission2002
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 8, 2001
                        hi i need to find somebody who knows about this type of spider as i have two of them i know they can be aggressive but my two seem ok and have even jumped onto my hand but i know little about them