Tarantulas fangs fuzz n fun

  • dotty_n_spotty
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 11, 2000
      Welcome to the Yahoo! Message Board for Tarantulas fangs fuzz n fun
    • dotty_n_spotty
      Message 2 of 19 , Jul 2, 2000
        PLEASE JOIN THE CLUB!!!
      • vulpixtrainer2000
        Message 3 of 19 , Jul 29, 2000
          Can Tarantulas drink water? How are they given water in captivity?
        • dotty_n_spotty
          Message 4 of 19 , Aug 6, 2000
            Hi there, <br>All tarantulas need water to
            live.....some aboreal types get water from droplets on leavels
            but the terrestrial types need a shallow dish filled
            with water.....occaisionally you will see your
            tarantula with its head partly submerged and most of its
            legs in the dish...when i first saw this it quite
            alarmed me "my god...its drowning itself" DO NOT BE
            ALARMED....this is how your tarantula drinks!!!!<br><br>Have fun,
            GOOD LUCK~~!!!
          • dotty_n_spotty
            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 1, 2000
              welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            • owl_lover_2001
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 12, 2000
                Thank you very much!!!
              • crazyangles_2000
                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 30, 2000
                  Hi all. I'm new to the whole tarantula thing. I'm hinkingof getting some docile tarantulas. What do you recommed? Any info wil be greatly appreciated.
                • dotty_n_spotty
                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 3, 2000
                    personally (im a little bias) i think that
                    grammastola rosea (rosehair, chilean rose, rosey) are the
                    BEST first spider...they are docile and will not bite
                    (except for extreme circumstances) Otherwise the Mexican
                    Red Knee (FEMALES) are good..a little more
                    flighty...but still fairly docile, both of these spiders get
                    4-6" in size and generally i lean toward suggesting
                    females for first spiders because they tend to live a lot
                    longer and they are less irratable, less flighty, and
                    much less stressful to keep in your
                    hand....;)<br><br>If you have anymore questions feel free to
                    ask!!!<br><br>~tina
                  • crazyangles_2000
                    Message 9 of 19 , Dec 6, 2000
                      Hi Everyone. Well I got my Guyana Pink Toe and
                      Red knee earlier today. I'm very happy with them.
                      They both ate 2 crickets each. Not bad. I figure,
                      after being shipped around. I have a few questions; Is
                      it possible to overfeed a tarantula? Do they ever
                      regurgitate their food? <br><br>-Angel
                    • warlock629
                      Message 10 of 19 , May 7, 2001
                        Is it possible for one to start out with a Cobalt Blue Tarantula as a first pet?
                      • junglekid2001
                        Message 11 of 19 , Aug 19, 2001
                          i just join the club and also bought myfirst
                          tarantula las wednesday, is a rose hair (soposli) 2 inlong,
                          at the bigining it won't eat but rightnow is like
                          imagen is that ok it eats 2 or 3 clikets daily o well my
                          e-mail is junglekid2001@... or in the messenger
                          just junglekid2001 i accept info on rose hairs coments
                          or anithing thx later
                        • jedi_firefly
                          Message 12 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
                            One could certianly start with a Cobalt Blue (H.
                            lividum)...but it would be a terrible choice. They are very,
                            very, very fast...very skittish...and there are stories
                            that they are able to bite several times before the
                            victim realizes what's happened. As far as my experience
                            with these guys...they are good display spiders, but
                            you have to be really careful with them...they freak
                            out over very little...If you're looking for
                            something nice looking to start with...you may consider B.
                            vagans. They're pretty and fairly easy to take care of.
                            Good first spiders...just watch out for the hair
                            kicking...good luck.
                          • jedi_firefly
                            Message 13 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
                              I agree with you tina... G. rosea are great...but
                              if someone has a bit more money to spend a
                              Grammostola pulchra (Brazilian Black) are incredible spiders.
                              They are great beginning spiders. However, they are
                              pretty pricy spiders too.
                            • jedi_firefly
                              Message 14 of 19 , Aug 22, 2001
                                Hi, i just joined and took the liberty of adding
                                some new stuff to the site. I posted some pics in the
                                album...and went ahead and added some links. The links are
                                for people i have done business with and who treated
                                me well. That isn't to say that they are the
                                cheapest...but getting a cheap spider from someone who's a jerk
                                when you ask them a question about it doesn't seem
                                worth the money you save. Take a look at the
                                sites...they have lots of info and pics.<br>Enjoy!
                              • chieflittlebird
                                Message 15 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
                                  I just bought a Velvet Rosehair & can not find any info. what relation is it to the Chilean Rosehair? Can anybody help?
                                • junglekid2001
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 27, 2001
                                    can some one help on sexing my tarantula, o have a rose heir 2 in long and also when ot will my a mature one <br><br>junglekid2001@... thx
                                  • jedi_firefly
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Aug 29, 2001
                                      Do you have a scientific name?<br>My suspicion is
                                      that that they are the same spider. There are several
                                      "common" names given to this spider...and things only get
                                      more confusing when you find that there are also
                                      several scientific names that have been used for it
                                      too.<br>G. spathulata, G. cala (supposed red morph), G.
                                      rosea, are some of the scientific names.<br>My advice
                                      would be to take a look at some of the online pictures
                                      of Rosehairs and see if it looks the same. If it
                                      does then go ahead and take care of it the same way
                                      you would a Rosie. <br>Good luck...and in the future
                                      make sure to ask for a scientific name.
                                    • gwarskunk
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Sep 25, 2001
                                        Hello! I'm new here, as you can see. <br>I'm thinking of buying a Cobalt Blue. Are they really as mean and nasty as most web sites say they are?
                                      • the_mission2002
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Dec 8, 2001
                                          hi i need to find somebody who knows about this type of spider as i have two of them i know they can be aggressive but my two seem ok and have even jumped onto my hand but i know little about them