TAO THOUGHT: blame

  • lisbeth west
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2006
      The world has a maiden
      she becomes the world’s mother
      who knows the mother
      understands the child
      who understands the child
      keeps the mother safe
      and lives without trouble
      who blocks the opening
      who closes the gate
      lives without toil
      who unblocks the opening
      who meddles in affairs
      lives without hope
      who sees the small has vision
      who protects the weak has strength
      who uses his light
      who trusts his vision
      lives beyond death
      this is the Hidden Immortal

      #52 dao de jing
      translated Red Pine

      Chinese characers for the word "blame"

      sunlight peeking through green to illuminate white columbine beauty

      Though others have faults,
      Concentrate on your own.

      Some people have the habit of blaming others. Perhaps all of us ave this
      weakness. The list of scapegoats for our miseries is clever and endless.
      Parents, community, teachers, government, and even demons and gods are
      all invoked when we have problems. If difficulties truly come from the
      outside, the problem is not blame. For those cases, the course of action
      is very clear: Neutralize that influence. If the problem comes from
      within, the solution must come from within as well. Before you blame
      friends, relatives, or teachers for bad habits and shortsightedness, you
      should remember that no one is to blame but yourself.

      It is an equal mistake to lose self esteem simply because you have some
      flaws. Looking at your shortcomings and taking steps to eliminate them
      should be viewed as a dispassionate project. You are not worthless
      because you undertake to rise above your faults. That description is
      only for those who never attempt to perfect themselves. We all have a
      perfect core, a special self inside. That purity is perfect and holy;
      therefore, no one is worse than another.

      We are all on this planet simply to reach back into that pure self. When
      we reach that spirit, there are no laws and there is no blame.

      Blame
      by Deng Ming-Dao
      from the book /365 Tao/
      /Daily Meditations/
      ISBN 0-06--250223-9

      ©2006
      lisbeth west
      Colorado Columbine

      *
      *

      for a short reading list of Taoist and Zen material, please go to
      http://www.duckdaotsu.org/dao_books.html
      (duckdaotsu receives a small monetary contribution
      if you purchase books from this listing)

      to subscribe to the daily Taoist meditations, please send an
      email to "duckdaotsu"
      and write SUBSCRIBE TAO in the subject line.

      email to friend
      <mailto:?Subject=This%20is%20wonderful%20--%20hope%20you%20enjoy%21&Body=to%20subscribe%20send%20an%20email%20to%20duckdaotsu@...%20and%20write%20SUBSCRIBE%20TAO%20in%20the%20subject%20line-Daily%20Taoist%20Meditation%20-%20http://www.duckdaotsu.org/062006/blame.html>

      .
      Thank you for your interest in the Dao de Jing!

      visit my online shop! at http://www.cafepress.com/duckdaotsu