Can you write a trigger in MSSQL that will create an ODBC or ADO connection Oracle

  • David Fekke
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 10, 2004

      The company I work for now is looking for a real time way to write to SQL Server and Oracle at the same time. They want to know if I can write a trigger for inserting or updated a record in T-SQL so that it will make the same insert on the Oracle database at the same time. I do not think that this is possible, but I have to research it anyways.

      Is this possible to do? I do not know of any way to create an ado connection to another RDBMS unless it is another linked SQL Server.

      Thank you,

      David Fekke.

    • Jeff Garbus
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 10, 2004
        You can create a linked server to oracle, & write to it. Note that it
        will not be transactional.

        On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 8:38am, David Fekke wrote:
        > The company I work for now is looking for a real time way to write to
        > SQL
        > Server and Oracle at the same time. They want to know if I can write a
        > trigger for inserting or updated a record in T-SQL so that it will make
        > the
        > same insert on the Oracle database at the same time. I do not think
        > that
        > this is possible, but I have to research it anyways.
        >

        > Is this possible to do? I do not know of any way to create an ado
        > connection
        > to another RDBMS unless it is another linked SQL Server.
        >

        > Thank you,
        >
        > David Fekke.

        regards,

        Jeff Garbus