RE: Free SQL Server for developers

  • Chris Leonard
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
      > where are the client tools?
      I haven't installed it yet, but if it's really the latest, greatest MSDE,
      there might not be any. The presence / absence of the client tools is one of
      the major differences (in my opinion) between SQL and MSDE.

      I'm planning to install this (or the "real" Yukon beta two, if it's available)
      as soon as I'm done with a writing project for Reporting Services ... but
      unfortunately that will be another two weeks. :oS Maybe I can dig up a
      spare box someplace here and give it ia try. I'll let you know what I find if
      nobody else replies.

      -Chris
    • David Fekke
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 1, 2004
        Chris,

        Microsoft has announce Client tools for Express. I think it is supposed to
        be called SQL Server Express Manager (XM).

        David.