Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Odd sql job metadata question

Expand Messages
  • Travis Page
    Has anyone seen an issue like this come up before? I have a server (SQL Server 2008 R2, 10.50.1600) which has several jobs that have had the owner of a job
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      Has anyone seen an issue like this come up before?

      I have a server (SQL Server 2008 R2, 10.50.1600) which has several jobs that have had the owner of a job changed.  The job owner change reflects fine when viewed through the SQL Server Agent and through sp_help_job but any alerts that fire regarding job security give inaccurate information about the job owner.  Upon examining the msdb sysjobs I found that the sid had not been changed to reflect the new owner, it still reflects the old owner.  Both owners are Windows AD user accounts, but not groups.  I have not tried to update the owner again, but I don't want to cause any further damage in case I need to manually correct this.

      Thanks,

      Travis Page
    • Steven W.
      How was the owner information updated? If the table was manually updated using an UPDATE statement, it could produce inconsistent results. I tested this in
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 26, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        How was the owner information updated?  If the table was manually updated using an UPDATE statement, it could produce inconsistent results.  I tested this in SQL 2008 R2 RTM and SQL 2008 R2 SP1 and wasn't able to reproduce.
         
        Also, to what alerts are you referring?  That sounds like a custom alert.
         

        To: tampasql@yahoogroups.com
        From: pagerwho@...
        Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:47:08 -0400
        Subject: [tampasql] Odd sql job metadata question

         
        Has anyone seen an issue like this come up before?

        I have a server (SQL Server 2008 R2, 10.50.1600) which has several jobs that have had the owner of a job changed.  The job owner change reflects fine when viewed through the SQL Server Agent and through sp_help_job but any alerts that fire regarding job security give inaccurate information about the job owner.  Upon examining the msdb sysjobs I found that the sid had not been changed to reflect the new owner, it still reflects the old owner.  Both owners are Windows AD user accounts, but not groups.  I have not tried to update the owner again, but I don't want to cause any further damage in case I need to manually correct this.

        Thanks,

        Travis Page


      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.