Documentation

  • Travis Page
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 16, 2011
      All,

      I've been looking for a template to use for documenting SSIS packages, stored procedures and other database related procedures and have not been successful in finding a good quality template available online.  Could anyone suggest a place to look, or better yet provide a template that they use in their group to document major routines?

      Thanks in advance,

      Travis Page
    • Jorge Segarra
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 16, 2011
        Have you looked at Pragmatic Works BIDocumenter? Will document packages and database and it's objects for you.

        Sent from my phone, please excuse brevity and typos

      • joseraulchinchilla@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 16, 2011
          Yes, BI Documenter is an amazing tool. I say that not just because I work at Pragmatic Works. You can download a trial version at http://pragmaticworks.com/Products/Business-Intelligence/BIDocumenter/Default.aspx

          Regards,
          Jose Chinchilla, MCP,MCTS,MCITP
          Sr. Business Intelligence Consultant & Data Architect
          Pragmatic Works