SQL DBA Positions with Tampa General Hospital
- Hey everyone,I have two Jr to Mid Level SQL DBA positions open at Tampa General Hospital that I am hiring for. If you are interested in applying please let me know. The position requirements are as follows:
Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience, vacation time, 401K and 403b options, health care insurance, dental insurance, and position relevant paid training.
- At least 2-3 years experience working with SQL Server in a programming or administrative role.
- Understanding of relational database design and concepts.
- Understanding of performance profiling and benchmarking of SQL Server to identify consolidation candidates and plan upgrades.
- Ability to work with product groups and vendors to identify functional requirements for new systems prior to implementation to ensure proper hardware sizing decisions are made.
- Working knowledge of server hardware as applicable to SQL Server including RAID, network and memory configurations.
- Working knowledge of the Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 OS platforms.
- Ability to analyze system DMV’s to identify missing indexes, performance problems, and bottlenecks proactively.
- Understanding of SQL Server High Availability options, when each is an appropriate solution, and how to implement them.
- Understanding of best practice configurations for hardware, security, and performance for SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
- Understanding of database maintenance routines and options for SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
- Understanding of query execution plans and how to utilize them for performance tuning.
- Install and configure SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008.
- Understanding of Backup/Recovery in SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
- Ability to perform weekend and evening work as needed for on-call and maintenance window support.