SQL DBA Positions with Tampa General Hospital

  • Jonathan Kehayias
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2010
      Hey everyone,

      I have two Jr to Mid Level SQL DBA positions open at Tampa General Hospital that I am hiring for.  If you are interested in applying please let me know.  The position requirements are as follows:
      • At least 2-3 years experience working with SQL Server in a programming or administrative role.
      • Understanding of relational database design and concepts.
      • Understanding of performance profiling and benchmarking of SQL Server to identify consolidation candidates and plan upgrades.
      • Ability to work with product groups and vendors to identify functional requirements for new systems prior to implementation to ensure proper hardware sizing decisions are made.
      • Working knowledge of server hardware as applicable to SQL Server including RAID, network and memory configurations.
      • Working knowledge of the Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008 OS platforms.
      • Ability to analyze system DMV’s to identify missing indexes, performance problems, and bottlenecks proactively.
      • Understanding of SQL Server High Availability options, when each is an appropriate solution, and how to implement them.
      • Understanding of best practice configurations for hardware, security, and performance for SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
      • Understanding of database maintenance routines and options for SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
      • Understanding of query execution plans and how to utilize them for performance tuning.
      • Install and configure SQL Server 2000, 2005 and 2008.
      • Understanding of Backup/Recovery in SQL Server 2000, 2005, and 2008.
      • Ability to perform weekend and evening work as needed for on-call and maintenance window support.
      Compensation includes competitive salary commensurate with experience, vacation time, 401K and 403b options, health care insurance, dental insurance, and position relevant paid training.