SQL 2005 update training

  • Mike Street
    Message 1 of 3 , May 8, 2008
      SQL 2005 update training

      I am looking for any first-hand suggestions on more focused SQL resources and training on the Mgmt Studio/Vis Studio GUIs and SQL Admin/Programming differences and upgrades in SQL 2K5?

      Im experienced on SQL 2K and am looking for SQL 2K5 training that doesnt rehash the whole Admin/programming training.  All Cert classes seem to be 5 days for beginners,  when I really need a 5-10 hour primer on new nooks and crannies.   I am especially interested in the SIS and Report Services basics.

      Thanks for your suggestions !

      Warmest Regard,

      Mike Street

      Marketing Database Administrator

      tigermikefl@...

    • pshaw1129
      Message 2 of 3 , May 8, 2008
        Mike,

        One option you may want to consider is End 2 End training. They are
        located in Orlando, near the 436 exit off I-4. They write their own
        courseware and emphasize teaching skills that help with day to day
        issues versus focusing on certification. The primary owners of the
        facility are Andy Warren and Brian Knight.

        They offer many classes out of the training facility – but his one-on-
        one training may be the best bet for you. They can tailor a training
        session (or more than one if needed) to cover your needs. If you
        know something or catch on quickly to new ideas – you get thru the
        process faster by moving onto the new topic.

        You can check them out at:
        http://www.endtoendtraining.com/default.aspx

        I hope this does not come across as a commercial. Both of these guys
        are very active in the FL SQL community – yes partly to drive
        business their direction – but Andy has been the driving force for
        SQL Saturday – so it is not all about the business. There is too
        much effort involved for that. Check them out.

        In the meantime, please mark your calendar for June 7th and 8th.
        There will be a free SQL Saturday! event in Orlando. For more
        details, go to: www.SQLSaturday.com.

        Have a great day,

        Pam Shaw, Chapter Leader
        Tampa Bay SQL Users Group

        --- In tampasql@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Street" <tigermikefl@...>
        wrote:

        > I am looking for any first-hand suggestions on more focused SQL
        > resources and training on the Mgmt Studio/Vis Studio GUIs and SQL
        > Admin/Programming differences and upgrades in SQL 2K5?
        >
        > I'm experienced on SQL 2K and am looking for SQL 2K5 training that
        > doesn't rehash the whole Admin/programming training. All Cert
        classes
        > seem to be 5 days for beginners, when I really need a 5-10 hour
        primer
        > on new nooks and crannies. I am especially interested in the SIS
        and
        > Report Services basics.
        >
        > Thanks for your suggestions !
        >
        > Warmest Regard,
        >

        > Mike Street
        > Marketing Database Administrator
        >

        > tigermikefl@...

      • Jeffrey Garbus
        Message 3 of 3 , May 8, 2008

          We have a 2-day “What’s new” class, focuses on differences (you can check out our web site).

          I recently taught a 3-day SSIS class; it really is different enough from DTS that you want to start that one from scratch.

          Don’t know reporting services (yet).

          Have a great day!

          Jeff Garbus

          813/949 7016 (o)