XML -- Any ideas on best way to import?

  • Kris Sellers
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2005
      Hello All,

      Thought I would start the minds working for the next meeting. I have
      an XML download from our company's Cellular company, that I need to
      import into SQL. The CVS download is an Excel spreadsheet, so is no
      good to import.

      What is the easiest, fastest, most efficeint way to get this done?

      I will bring the file and the relevant database tables, on my laptop,
      to the next meeting.

      Thanks everyone,

      Kristeen
    • SMaloney@AffirmativeUSA.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 12, 2005
        > Thought I would start the minds working for the next meeting. I have
        > an XML download from our company's Cellular company, that I need to
        > import into SQL. The CVS download is an Excel spreadsheet, so is no
        > good to import.

        Just a thought...

        You may be interested in the following
        (http://www.awprofessional.com/articles/article.asp?p=102307&seqNum=13&rl=1)
        for the xml file. And if the cvs file is indeed a cvs file, BCP / bulk
        insert should work just fine for it. HTH