TamilGnome - Status

  • Dinesh Nadarajah
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2001
      Dear friends:

      I am nolonger able to commit any reasonable amount of time to the Gnome
      translation efforts due to professional and personal reseach
      obligations. In the past two months I have been unable to translate at
      a reasonal rate to keepup with the changes. I am afraid that this will
      continue atleast for another 6-12 months.

      I write to you in the hope that someone may be able to volunteer and
      continue the project. I will be engaged in both the newsgroups and the
      translation efforts - and may be even translate a small file here and
      there during my spare time.

      I regret for having dshed any hopes of a TamilGnome anytime soon - but
      it is still a desire of mine given the fact that most Unix/Linux (and
      may be even Mac) will host the Gnome interface as a standard.

      I would welcome any suggestions on a path forward not just on this but
      on the whole translation effort.

      Regards,

      _Dinesh

      http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/