KDE 2.1.1 Release plan

  • Sivaraj D
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
      From an LWN announcement:
      >Monday March 19 =============
      >Last day for translations, documentation, icons and critical bugfixes
      >commits to the KDE_2_1_BRANCH.
      >
      >Tuesday morning (GMT) March 20
      >=========================
      >The CVS is tagged KDE_2_1_1_RELEASE, tarballs are released to the packagers
      >
      >The rest of the week is spent testing the tarballs, packaging and writing
      >the announcement and changelog.

      Has anybody taken up the pending work for Tamil translations?
      Otherwise we are most likely to miss the 2.1.1 release too.

      -Sivaraj.

    • Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
        Someone please take over. I still dont have an
        internet connection at home and the time to do it. I
        will be most glad to help anyone who is interested in
        taking over.

        Regards
        Siva

        --- Sivaraj D <sivaraj@...> wrote:
        > From an LWN announcement:
        > >Monday March 19 =============
        > >Last day for translations, documentation, icons and
        > critical bugfixes
        > >commits to the KDE_2_1_BRANCH.
        > >
        > >Tuesday morning (GMT) March 20
        > >=========================
        > >The CVS is tagged KDE_2_1_1_RELEASE, tarballs are
        > released to the packagers
        > >
        > >The rest of the week is spent testing the tarballs,
        > packaging and writing
        > >the announcement and changelog.
        >
        > Has anybody taken up the pending work for Tamil
        > translations?
        > Otherwise we are most likely to miss the 2.1.1
        > release too.
        >
        > -Sivaraj.

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        =====
        Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
        sshanmu@...

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • Sivakumar Shanmugasundaram
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 4, 2001
          vasee,

          thanks for your help. you should take the
          responsibility of checking in to the CVS too. you
          should apply for a CVS login (thd@...) and in case
          you dont get one, please let me know. i will dig out
          the passwd from my computer. thanks again. once i am
          up on net, we can then jointly work again.

          Regards
          Siva

          --- Thuraiappah Vaseeharan <vasee@...>