[Commercial]Sneak Peek Into LINUX For You
- Dear Readers,
To begin with apologies for posting the October 2007 Sneak Preview
Now, were were we? Yes! I'm sure you know that virtualisation is the
latest buzz. And therefore we've dedicated our October 2007 issue to
detailed articles on various Free and Open Source virtualisation
technologies to give you an idea of what's the reason behind the
"buzz". Following are the five articles you can check out in this
* A Hitchhiker's Guide to Virtualisation, where we briefly cover the
technology and how hardware assists come into play. Then, we try and
analyse how Xen can take advance of a virtualisation-capable processor.
* Xen Live Migration Using iSCSI Target: Here we show you how to
successfully migrate a live Xen virtual machine from one physical
server to another, without interrupting any service.
* Virtualise with Bochs and QEMU: In here we try and analyse how to
use two easy-to-follow technologies, and have tried to avoid too much
technical jargon - it's as simple as follow the instructions and set
up a virtual guest OS in no time.
* Spartan Virtualisation with Lguest: So, who's heard of Lguest? It's
a mare 6,000 line virtualisation solution that has been integrated
into the mainline kernel, and you can get a sneak peak once Linus
releases keenel 2.6.23. However, since we couldn't have waited that
long, we straight away went ahead with an RC release to give you a an
idea of what's coming.
* High-Speed Virtualisation with KVM-How it Works: Well, KVM was the
first solution that was added to the mainline kernel back in the days
of kernel 2.6.20. Here we try and find out wot's ...uh the deal with it.
The October issue of LFY has already hit the stands! So if the concept
of virtualisation intrigues you, then we can assure you this issue
won't disappoint you.
Also in this issue you'll find:
For You and Me
* ODF SPAT: IV's Version
* Desktop Linux Redefined: SLED 10 SP1
* SPACE-A Society that Promotes FOSS
* Making Sense of the Many Caesars - An interview with the autopackage
* All About Linux Certifications
* OOXML: The Anti-Common Man Standard
* Introduction to C++ Templates
* Getting Familiar with RPC
* Getting Started with the Trolltech Greenphone SDK
* GnuCash: A Freeway to Managing Money
* Make Screencasts for Building a Business Training Programme
* Software as a Service is the Next Big Trend - An interview with
Raven Zachary, research director for Open Source, 451 Group
* IBM's Bob Sutor On OSS and Standards - An interview
* I Like Making Strong Statements - Interview with Linus Torvalds
* Multimedia Dynamite
* KDE-enliven Your Videos
* The Ultimate Linux Home
* A Music-Playing Daemon Called MPD
The LFY CDs
LFY DVD - SLED 10 SP1: Find out what makes Novell say "Your Linux Is
LFY CD - A collection of best-of-the-breed virtualisation software,
plus other assorted software applications.
Our effort is in your hands now. We hope you cherish reading the issue.
WHERE TO GET YOUR COPY?
Problems getting a copy of LFY? Feel free to reach out to our
distributors (IBH) listed below:
# Ahmedabad - Mr. S. K. Sharma (079-26577068, 09898121277)
# Bangalore - Mr. Devaru Bhatt (080-22261305, 080-22252385)
# Chennai - Ms. R. Hira (044-28592582, 28592743)
# Hyderabad - Mr. Ramesh Rajgopal (040-27564945)
# Kolkata - Mr. Mehta (033-22498096/97)
# Mumbai - Mr. Indur Vaswani (022-24925651)
# New Delhi - Mr. P. K. Das (011-23313014/15)
# Pune - Mr. Ashok Basant (020-26131261)
# Trivandrum - Mr. Hari Kumar (0471-2475443)
HOW TO SUBSCRIBE OR COMPLAIN?
Go to our website www.lfymag.com OR email at support@... OR
call at 011-26810601/02/03
LinuxFor You Team