[Commercial] LinuxAsia is BACK!

  • Niraj Sahay
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2007
      Dear Members of the community,

      LinuxAsia 2007 is coming. And this year, we would like to ensure that
      the Linux/OSS community is fully engaged with the event.

      What all is happening at LinuxAsia this year?

      The main track - 'technology.innovation@...', which will go on for
      3 days from 31st January till 2nd February 2007 at the India Habitat
      Centre, New Delhi.

      The second track - CXOSummit - is a one-day event being held at Hotel
      Taj Mahal, Man Singh, New Delhi on the 1st of February 2007.

      Besides that, there will be an IOSN summit, ODF India Chapter summit,
      technical workshops, sessions by LUGs, and last but not the least, the

      What are the entry charges?

      FIRST 500 FREE!!!
      Ok, this is best news of the day - the first 500 registrants can get
      the COMMUNITY PASS, which allows them entry to the
      'technology.innovation@...' track for FREE (subject to availability
      of vacant seats in the main hall and on a first-cum-first-served
      basis)! Though there is an element of organisers' checking your
      details and approving the serious cases only, but then, if you're
      serious about attending International-level Linux/OSS events - then
      REGISTER NOW at http://www.linuxasia.net

      For the serious professionals who want 'guaranteed seating' at
      LinuxAsia 2007, we have the DELEGATE PASS. There is an 'early bird'
      offer till 25th Jan 07 (subject to availability of seats). Simply opt
      for 'more info on the Delegate Pass' while registering for LinuxAsia
      2007, and our team will get back to you immediately.

      Plus, there are special discounts on the DELEGATE PASSES for
      ILUG-Delhi members, EFY subscribers, and students!

      What about entry to the CXOSummit?

      The CXOSummit is a 'by-invitation-only' event. But, you can opt for
      that while registering for LinuxAsia 2007, and if your profile matches
      that of a CXO, our team will connect with you immediately.

      Who all are going to speak at LinuxAsia 2007?

      Klaus Knopper (Knoppix), Brian Behlendorf (Apache and CollabNet), Dr
      Negroponte (one-laptop-per-child programme), are some of the
      international technology Gurus who have confirmed. We expect 3-4 more
      global luminaries to be there--their confirmation is in progress.

      Any facilities for out-station delegates?

      We have tied up with 'hospitality partners' who can assist you in
      getting best deals for travel and stay. If you need this support,
      simply select that option while registering.

      What is LinuxAsia trying to achieve this year?

      The goals that have been laid down for LinuxAsia 07 are:

      Goal #1: Promote open source driven innovation so that India can
      showcase a minimum of 20 globally recognised OSS projects at LinuxAsia

      Goal #2: Accelerate the adoption of Linux and open source software by
      highlighting their advantages, sharing success stories, and discussing
      strategies on how CXOs can gain advantage from both "open source" and
      "proprietary" worlds.

      Goal #3: To provide a platform where other organisations with
      OSS-related agendas can hold their own sub-events and network with the
      entire community.

      So, we request you to register, participate, and let us know how we
      fared in achieving those goals.

      Team, LinuxAsia